Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)

(These will work on the 2010-11 Wide Glide too, as they have the same risers)

The position difference is small, but it made a world of difference in comfort, and in my opinion, style. Up 2 inches and slightly back (because of the fork rake), and my upper back muscles don't get as sore on the longer rides, and my arms are more parallel to the ground when I ride now. I picked them up from this site:http://www.spacerjim.com/HarleySpacers.html. Thanks to forum member Stanz792 for the recommendation. The website is obviously a small operation, but he takes Paypal. I sent payment early on Wednesday morning, he dropped them in the mail that day, and I received them Friday. His communication was terrific too. They cost 47 dollars, including shipping. You just have to get 2 inch longer bolts, which cost me less than 4 bucks at Home Depot. Just take out one of your originals, bring it to Home Depot, and match it to a 2 inch longer bolt. What do you guys/gals think?

Attached Thumbnails I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)-picture-006.jpg   I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)-picture-007.jpg   I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)-picture-008.jpg   I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)-picture-009.jpg   I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)-picture-010.jpg  

Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

How tall are you? I was looking into these as well.

Originally Posted by --utaptout--
(These will work on the 2010-11 Wide Glide too, as they have the same risers)

The position difference is small, but it made a world of difference in comfort, and in my opinion, style. Up 2 inches and slightly back (because of the fork rake), and my upper back muscles don't get as sore on the longer rides, and my arms are more parallel to the ground when I ride now. I picked them up from this site:http://www.spacerjim.com/HarleySpacers.html. Thanks to forum member Stanz792 for the recommendation. The website is obviously a small operation, but he takes Paypal. I sent payment early on Wednesday morning, he dropped them in the mail that day, and I received them Friday. His communication was terrific too. They cost 47 dollars, including shipping. You just have to get 2 inch longer bolts, which cost me less than 4 bucks at Home Depot. Just take out one of your originals, bring it to Home Depot, and match it to a 2 inch longer bolt. What do you guys/gals think?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lookin good

I think they look like they were meant to be on there.. I am thinking of switching from 4 inch risers to 6 inchers on my Streetbob.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good. Comfort is key these days

Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Splandman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like them. I'm not really too uncomfortable now but I think those might make things even better.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

This may be my answer as well. One question are the ends of the spacers flat or do they have a flange that fits inside the bottom of the risers on their now? I am just wondering if movement is possible once these are installed?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rider1200
This may be my answer as well. One question are the ends of the spacers flat or do they have a flange that fits inside the bottom of the risers on their now? I am just wondering if movement is possible once these are installed?
Its all flat. I tightened everything down real nice and tight. Nothing has moved at all. You might PM Stanz792 about his. He's the one who referred me to them, and has had them on for a little while longer than I've had mine.

Originally Posted by Splandman
I like them. I'm not really too uncomfortable now but I think those might make things even better.
Yeah the added comfort is great, and I also think they make the profile look better. I kinda thought it looked too flat from from to back before.

Originally Posted by jcallesano
looks good. Comfort is key these days
Thanks. Comfort is the reason I switched from rockets to Harleys. And I can honestly say I enjoy riding my FB a ton more than I ever enjoyed riding my Yamaha YZF600

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I think they look like they were meant to be on there.. I am thinking of switching from 4 inch risers to 6 inchers on my Streetbob.
Thanks man. Definitely shoot this guy an email if you're interested. It was an overall great experience.

Originally Posted by mattVA
How tall are you? I was looking into these as well.
I'm 5'10" with about a 30" inseam. With the new riser height I sit straight up and down, with a slight bend in my elbows and knees to my forwards. Keep in mind that if you're taller with longer arms, you can always turn the stock risers around backwards, and that'll give you a longer reach because they're offset a little bit.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
CK5TOY5
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on this please. I am modding my Fat Bob. I am 6'4" and believe this might be a nice upgrade for me. Did you have to replace any wiring? I know the questions may seem simple and possibly stupid but I need to make sure I know everything involved with this mod. Thank you for your time.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

they look nice on there I think

Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by CK5TOY5
Update on this please. I am modding my Fat Bob. I am 6'4" and believe this might be a nice upgrade for me. Did you have to replace any wiring? I know the questions may seem simple and possibly stupid but I need to make sure I know everything involved with this mod. Thank you for your time.
Nope, just the longer bolts which will cost you less than 5 bucks for grade 8's. You can't go any longer than 2 extra inches because the length of your clutch cable and top brake cable won't let you but 2 inches is perfectly doable. Let us know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)