Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stic2it
You are the man, now I can get this done today or tomorrow. My car is down for the time being, so I pretty much only have my scoot while my wife has our other car. If I remove one of the bolts I couldn't ride it to the home depot

thnx again
Glad I could be of some help, hope you like 'em (the spacers that is) as much as I do.

F.W.I.W. having the Dyna parts book for your model year is worth it's weight in gold. Not only does it have exploded views of just about anything you might feel like taking apart, but it has the details of every bolt and fastener listed by PN.

Last edited by Ratbob; 09-23-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stic2it
You are the man, now I can get this done today or tomorrow. My car is down for the time being, so I pretty much only have my scoot while my wife has our other car. If I remove one of the bolts I couldn't ride it to the home depot

thnx again
Yes yu CAN. Take your wrench with you and your bike to Home Depot. Once in the Home Depot lot, park bike, use wrench to remove one riser bolt. Go in, compare bolt, purchase 2 replacements.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
thebutcher307
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed my spacers by Jim on my 08 Fat Bob. For anyone looking for the correct bolts, I picked up some 1/2" x 4 1/2" zinc coated hex head bolts from Home Depot for like $1.09 each. I just figured I'd share that info so there aren't more people in the Home Depot parking lot removing their head light to access their riser bolts for comparison in the store.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:31 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thebutcher307
I just installed my spacers by Jim on my 08 Fat Bob. For anyone looking for the correct bolts, I picked up some 1/2" x 4 1/2" zinc coated hex head bolts from Home Depot for like $1.09 each. I just figured I'd share that info so there aren't more people in the Home Depot parking lot removing their head light to access their riser bolts for comparison in the store.

I don't understand??? I did not have to remove the lights to install the spacers.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:05 PM
thebutcher307
6th Gear

I probably didn't have to remove the headlight but all I had with me was a socket set. The quickest and easiest way I could see to get to the riser bolts was to dismount the headlight.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:07 AM
ntculenuf
Cruiser

just got my spacers in the mail, looking forward to getting em' on and riding...

Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thebutcher307
Wouldn't the zinc plated bolts rust eventually, I got my bolts from home depot and then took them back. Found some stainless steel bolts over at Loews

Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 AM
ntculenuf
Cruiser

Any body know the torque specs for the bolts? I'm going to try and pick up a service manual for my bike today but thought I would ask here and help speed up the process of getting my spacers on.
thanks

Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
ntculenuf
Cruiser

just got back from a ride with the spacers on, WOW what a difference. Glad i stumbled across this forum and topic

Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ntculenuf
just got back from a ride with the spacers on, WOW what a difference. Glad i stumbled across this forum and topic
Happy to help! Got any pics?

Quick Reply: I installed 2 inch spacers on my stock Fat Bob risers (Pics attached)