Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you did it now just admit it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you know you did it now just admit it!

OK here goes!
I just spent three hours rewiring, taking apart, rewiring, taking apart my darn homemade sidemount plate and tail light combo. I recently bought a road6 bracket/light combo from jshull. Excellent deal! I open it up and its almost perfect. I unwire my light and take off my plate etc and began wiring up the new light. I hook up the wires and whalla I have light! Then things went south on me. I get the axle bolt off and mount everything up and start running the wires etc and turn the key and have lights again but just a bright light full time and nothing changes when I push the brake. Now to make a long story short, I wired and wired and rewired 50 times and couldn't change things. I also sent jshull a message regarding my plight! As I was messing with the wires I popped a fuse and replaced it. Then went back to my old setup and wired it up again. Till no brake light when pressing the brakes. So I go to rewiring again.....anyhow you get the drift, come to find out I had blown two fuses instead of one. So I changed it and whalla I had proper lighting and brake lights. So I ask you fellow riders this......what stupid things have you done that made you say DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHRR and waste part of your day for a simple problem!!! Lmao

Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ha ha ha my list is toooooooo long to even start man! i have had issues out the tail like this... it happens!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
that_guy
Tourer

Just stripping all the bolts on the beltguard and stock sidemount. But that is a common issue I guess. Still made me pretty upset at myself though.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

cant tell youhow many hours i have spent looking for a wrench over the years that I would find laying right in front of me every time, and right where i put it, every time.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Gully
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many hours of unnecessary work wiring the handlebars only to have broke a wire internally which me 3 hours to undo and find.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No man

That kinda stuff has never happened to any of us here man....What are you talkin about...Uhm yeah thats it, thats my story and I am stickin to it!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can not mean stuff like putting on the new backrest. Did not fasten to side mounts, cause I was only gonna step back for a second to take a peek. That damn thing slid down the through the side mounts an put a significant chip in the paint.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

LOL keep em coming people I'm feeling better already!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 PM
that_guy
Tourer

forgetting to loctite almost every bolt i put on the bike the first time. Bikes are a whole new world compared to cars. Thats gonna take a while to learn

Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ok ok

I went for a scoot and lost the stick on Pillion pad. I get there and am likw oh crap, I forgot the seat. I go home and no seat there either...

Quick Reply: you know you did it now just admit it!