Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you did it now just admit it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
525tom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years ago I borrowed the bike that I currently own from a friend of mine before I owned it, does that make sense?????? Anyways, I could not get it to start one day. In trying to start it numerous times the battery drained and would not turn the bike over anymore. I read some threads on the internet about bikes not being able to start because of a weak battery. I tried jumping the bike with my charger/starter and it would not run. After about an hour of screwing around with things, I decided to go to the dealer and buy a new battery. Threw it in there and the bike would just turn over and not start. After about another hour of screwing around with it, I looked at the petcock and realized the gas was off!!!!!! Turned the gas on and the bike started right up. What a dumbass! My friend got new battery out if it and it cost me about $100 and a few hours of frustration.

Damn, did I just admit that???????

Old 08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by billycouldride
ok, not bike related, but its both stupid & funny.

Had to retrieve something that was caught in the trap under the bathroom sink. Got under the sink, loosened the nuts for the trap and got it out without spilling much of anything. I then proceeded to carefully get the trap over the sink and empty it.

Soon as i tilted the trap over i realized my folly.
now that is funny

Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
ozzy2800
Cruiser

While installing my 2" tank lift, I measured and cut the provided vacuum hose before I lifted the damn tank!!!! I have similar stories in other fields of non-expertise.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

I have another one but its four Wheeler related. I was changing the oil and started refilling it not realizing I didn't put the drain plug back in it! That oils not cheap LOL.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:55 PM
panic_fan
Tourer

My wife left to do some shopping and I was alone in the garage one Saturday when I decided to pull the tank off to do something pointless. Rigged up an extra long funnel, grabbed an old milk jug and cut the crossover.... It was all working so well until the one gallon jug filled up and the gas was still flowing. I spent a little time sitting there on the floor holding the crossovers closed with my thumbs looking around the garage for another container. My wife was pretty sure all the beer bottles were full of pee but she was too afraid to ask at the time and I was too embarassed to tell her the truth.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

took the whole top end off a 80 cubic incher....replaced all the gaskets on it.. put the whole bike back together...and realized i forgot to take the o rings off before i put the new gaskets on..wow it sounded wierd..HAD TO TAKE THE WHOLE DANG THING APART AGAIN!..afternoon project took a whole weekend

Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Station49
Novice

The other day I put on a new derby cover and installed the gasket backwards. When I took the cover off to reverse the gasket, I lost one of the tiny washers that goes with the screws.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Stixman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was tightening a bolt on my DETACHABLE wimpshield which was still on the bike. Didn't bother to cover my front fender. Dropped the wrench and chipped the paint on the fender.
1) should have taken the shield off
or
2)should have covered the fender
DUUUUHHHH!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

Hey, you said it....we've ALL done it. I'm no exception! Hell, I've driven off without a helmet before and VA has a helmet law!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

my duh was when I was doing some carb jetting... I pulled the emulsion tube and the needle guide fell out. Tried a few times to get it back in and it just seemed to not fit so I figured I must have it upside down. Flipped it and it went right into place... start the bike and my bike is running like crap... bought new seals and spent a couple days on the ordeal. Anyways I had installed the guide upside down. Put it back the way I originally intended it to go in and all was well.

Last edited by rounder; 08-05-2010 at 04:21 PM.