Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you did it now just admit it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Pulling a motor by myself and it slipped and landed on my finger. The motor was OK. Cant say the same for the finger

Old 08-02-2010, 09:29 PM
dedjr67
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not on the HD but filled the crankcase of my wifes Vulcan with 3 gallons of gas because I didnt read the stupid fuel petcock, just assumed that the middle position was off. Nope it was prime emptied the entire tank into the oil.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 PM
MarksBOB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when fitting the run/stop/turn module I just had bright lights. spent next 2 hours wiring/rewiring turn sigs and checking the module before I realised it was a front brake light switch problem, oh how I laughed. "NOT"

Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dedjr67
Not on the HD but filled the crankcase of my wifes Vulcan with 3 gallons of gas because I didnt read the stupid fuel petcock, just assumed that the middle position was off. Nope it was prime emptied the entire tank into the oil.
Damn, that would be a pisser. Never heard of that, easy mistake IMO.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last time I did all three holes I bought Mobile 1 20W50, AMSoil Severe gear oil, and B&M Trick shift, in preparation for the dirty deed. Drained 'er dry, filled the crank case with Mobile 1, then the transmission with B&M (it's ATF right?). By the time I got to the primary I realized that the AMSoil wasn't right. Had to drain the transmission (again), put in the AMSoil, then buy another B&M for the primary. DOH! Sometimes autopilot takes us places we really don't want to be.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
lowrider966
Tourer

Not a mechanical oversight, but recently I tore my bath tubs plumbing apart for a continuing clog problem I thought I had fixed. Only to realize an hour into it that my wife had left the drain closed after bathing the kids.....wtf! Good news was that the drain was fixed.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
billycouldride
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, not bike related, but its both stupid & funny.

had to retrieve something that was caught in the trap under the bathroom sink. got under the sink, loosened the nuts for the trap and got it out without spilling much of anything. i then proceeded to carefully get the trap over the sink and empty it.

soon as i tilted the trap over i realized my folly.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

Was changing the rear tire on the bike, so I went to take the brake caliper off. After I loosened the last bolt, I realized that I just split the caliper!

On another non-bike related note, was changing the trans in my VW Rabbit race car, because there was no clutch pedal pressure. Pulled everything apart, and realized that the problem was the new flywheel I got. Anyway, put everything back together, and there's still no clutch pressure. Then I notice the throw-out bearing laying next to the car on the ground. Another 2 hours R&R'ing the trans. DOH!

Billy,

I've done that sink trick myself!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
That kinda stuff has never happened to any of us here man....What are you talkin about...Uhm yeah thats it, thats my story and I am stickin to it!!!

LMAO... um... stuff like this happens to us all... we just can't tell our riding buddies about it... Thank god for the internet so we can admit that we pulled a homer... DOH...

Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another "not bike related" but I'm one of those that is too stubborn to hire someone to fix anything. So in an attempt to fix the clothes washer which would only pump cold water. Ordered a new valve that controls the hot and cold water, pulled the whole thing apart, and replaced it. Still no hot water. Turns out the dial **** had been taken off and put back in the wrong position, so all I had to do was pull the dial **** off and turn it about an eighth of a turn.

Quick Reply: you know you did it now just admit it!