Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of my pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013 | 06:17 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
You can handle it
are just going to add the left side for duals or are you planning on going true duals.
Just going to duals won't be that hard.
Good work and it looks great.
They look like the old style road house to me.
Two-into-one ... just the right side only ...

BTW ... THX all for the props ...

Old 04-21-2013 | 10:44 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
As described in my posts above, a while back I replaced my stock Dyna headpipes with one made by Paughco for Touring models ...

Since the motor is oriented in the Touring frame rotated/canted a little forward as compared to the Dyna frame, I took the pipe to a muffler shop and asked them to bend the front part a little more ~3-5 degrees and cut off the rear pipe ~3/4" or so ...

So that the pipe would set horizontally ... I am using the stock front pipe bracket that mounts under the cam chest ... I am presently sporting a Paughco 22" goose cut muffler that I intend to replace with a Samson fishtail ("Longtail") ...

In the posts above, I describe how I came up with a one-off muffler mount out of a steel bar-stock mounted on the muffler's channel bracket and a threaded rod/spacer with a headlight mount as support affixed to the stock muffler mounting bracket ...

I am working with Direct Harley Parts to get a right-half set of a Samson S-256 LongTails mufflers for my 2-into-1 headpipe setup ... although it is a 39" fishtail, I think it will be more like 36" length on my bike since my headpipe doesn't end as far back as the Samson True Duals it is designed for ...

I have also ordered the clamp for the Touring models that mounts below the transmission cover ... I'm going to add that clamp to give the exhaust more support ... with the longer muffler, I think it will be a prudent preventative measure to ensure the exhaust is well supported ...

I think my setup could be used with a newer bike as follows ...

Buy the older type pipe from Paughco (one made without O2 bungs) ... and then get the muffler shop that does the bending to adapt the pipe to the Dyna frame to also weld in the 12mm bungs ...

There is a lot that can be done with these bikes if one is just willing to 'think outside the box' and get creative ...

I'll post up some more info as my conversion to fishtail progresses ...

R/
'Chop
Well ... the Longtail came in this week and I was able to get it on this afternoon ... so, without further ado ...

... sound is better, too ... more like a tractor ... LoL

Hope to get some better photos ...

R/
'Chop

Old 04-21-2013 | 10:49 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

I like the black engine treatment! Pipe is old school! Im going with black jugs myself. If I had the coin I woulda sent them out for glossy PC.

Old 04-21-2013 | 10:54 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

That exhaust looks killer, custom?
Keep up the good work!

Old 04-22-2013 | 01:09 AM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
I like the black engine treatment! Pipe is old school! Im going with black jugs myself. If I had the coin I woulda sent them out for glossy PC.

Is that the killer 107 you've been documenting ...? Looks great and hopefully will be around for another 100k miles ...

I modeled my motor on the hated '09 Street Bob ... blonde bottom end and black top end ... I had an appreciation for the nostalgic vibe ...

Originally Posted by 128auto
That exhaust looks killer, custom?
Keep up the good work!
"custom" may be something of an overstatement ... bastardized is more like it ...

It is exactly as indicated in the prefatory quote ... Paughco head pipe (with a little re-work for the Dyna) and a Samson 39" Longtail ... I had to trim one of the heat shields (stock take-offs from '08-earlier Touring bike) ...

THX for the props ... I am really pleased with the way it turned out ...

R/
'Chop

Old 04-22-2013 | 07:32 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Bike looks great! One of a kind.

Old 04-22-2013 | 08:39 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the way that turned out with the fish tail!

Old 04-25-2013 | 06:36 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member
Default How the muffler is mounted ...

Pics should look familiar as I used the same method of attaching the muffler as with my old one ...

Attached Thumbnails Photos of my pipe-img_0647.jpg   Photos of my pipe-img_0648.jpg   Photos of my pipe-img_0649.jpg   Photos of my pipe-img_0650.jpg   Photos of my pipe-img_0651.jpg  

Old 04-26-2013 | 10:21 AM
JRK5892
Banned

love love love the fish tail Todd, really looks great, and you can not beat that sound!

Old 04-26-2013 | 10:25 AM
NovemberRain78
Cruiser

Really nice set up. Looks great!

Quick Reply: Photos of my pipe