Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of my pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 12:46 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
looks trick! reminds me of the old FLH style, you should rock some of the front metal coil style covers over the header pipes! would look trick!
Just what I was thinking. Very Shovelesque!

Old 08-02-2010 | 07:36 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by red devil
Kinda looks like the pipe sticks out from the bike pretty far, any problems scapping? Some upsweep fishtails would look sick on there! Bikes looking real good!
Got my pipe re-fitted to my bike ... got a little before and after comparison below ....

before:

after:

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 08-02-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2010 | 08:16 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Couple of additional photos and some close ups of the muffler mounting bracket I came up with ... it is just a strap of 1" carbon steel cut to length with three holes (two that are bolted to the channel bracket on the muffler ... and one that is bolted to the headlight mounting block I used) ... the headlight mounting block is mounted to a stand-off that attaches it to the stock bracket ....

Attached Thumbnails Photos of my pipe-photo033.jpg   Photos of my pipe-photo035.jpg   Photos of my pipe-photo036.jpg   Photos of my pipe-photo037.jpg  
Old 08-03-2010 | 10:25 AM
JRK5892
Banned

WOW that sucker is nice!!!!

Old 02-28-2013 | 04:57 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

As described in my posts above, a while back I replaced my stock Dyna headpipes with one made by Paughco for Touring models ...

Since the motor is oriented in the Touring frame rotated/canted a little forward as compared to the Dyna frame, I took the pipe to a muffler shop and asked them to bend the front part a little more ~3-5 degrees and cut off the rear pipe ~3/4" or so ...

So that the pipe would set horizontally ... I am using the stock front pipe bracket that mounts under the cam chest ... I am presently sporting a Paughco 22" goose cut muffler that I intend to replace with a Samson fishtail ("Longtail") ...

In the posts above, I describe how I came up with a one-off muffler mount out of a steel bar-stock mounted on the muffler's channel bracket and a threaded rod/spacer with a headlight mount as support affixed to the stock muffler mounting bracket ...

I am working with Direct Harley Parts to get a right-half set of a Samson S-256 LongTails mufflers for my 2-into-1 headpipe setup ... although it is a 39" fishtail, I think it will be more like 36" length on my bike since my headpipe doesn't end as far back as the Samson True Duals it is designed for ...

I have also ordered the clamp for the Touring models that mounts below the transmission cover ... I'm going to add that clamp to give the exhaust more support ... with the longer muffler, I think it will be a prudent preventative measure to ensure the exhaust is well supported ...

I think my setup could be used with a newer bike as follows ...

Buy the older type pipe from Paughco (one made without O2 bungs) ... and then get the muffler shop that does the bending to adapt the pipe to the Dyna frame to also weld in the 12mm bungs ...

There is a lot that can be done with these bikes if one is just willing to 'think outside the box' and get creative ...

I'll post up some more info as my conversion to fishtail progresses ...

R/
'Chop

Old 02-28-2013 | 05:07 PM
Robbie13
LOSER

That looks sweet!! I like that a lot! Nice job!

Old 02-28-2013 | 06:07 PM
DJY
Road Captain

Was a little apprehensive when i saw"photo of my PIPE", but glad I looked. Nice bike.

Old 02-28-2013 | 10:37 PM
Six16
Road Captain

Seriously dude, I started at the beginning of your thread thinking.... Man, this bike you look killer with some fishtail pipes... You have a tastefully modded machine there.

Old 03-01-2013 | 05:56 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Just got the call this afternoon ... is going to run me $170 for one right-side only baffled Longtail 39" with hanging bracket for a Softail ... it'll be on me to adapt it for my application ...

... what say ...? Think I'm up to the task ...?

The bad news is it'll be 4-6 weeks until it's available ... have to mine the chrome and refine it down, I guess ... LoL

Old 03-01-2013 | 06:10 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

You can handle it
are just going to add the left side for duals or are you planning on going true duals.
Just going to duals won't be that hard.
Good work and it looks great.
They look like the old style road house to me.

Quick Reply: Photos of my pipe