Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is $1550 below MSRP a good deal for 2010 FXDC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:30 PM
malmgren72
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is $1550 below MSRP a good deal for 2010 FXDC?

Hey all, I'm new here, but been lurking for a while.

I'm questioning whether this is a good deal - so please let me know before tomorrow, if possible. Dealer has a 2010 FXDC with two-tone colors and alarm. MSRP is 14,264. They are offering $1550 off the MSRP + freight (335) + setup (775) for total of $13,824. Out the door price with taxes and reg puts it at $15,388. Also they are throwing in a $200 store credit, so total discount is around $1750.

Remember the added options of two tone and alarm. (about 1000 list price).

My question is - is this a good deal as it is? This is a cash offer, so should I come in with a cashier's check for 14,700 and see if they take it? I checked around and there's only a handful of 2010 FXDC and only one with the same color scheme down in San Diego area - where shipping costs would prob destroy the deal and not even sure if that dealer is offering any discounts. It would be hard to walk away from considering the above conditions.

Another option is they have a stock new 2009 FXDC with a sticker for $2500 off MSRP. Can I use this to my advantage if they don't bite on the first offer and say I'll take the 2009, but mention that it's less profit for them if I get that one (1000 vs 700).

I also need to add that I did find out the actual invoice for this year/model from the cyclebuy.com site, so I can show them this info if it's to my advantage.

There's a little bit more to this story, but I wanted to see first if the above sounds like a good deal or not, what I should try and counter-offer (whether it be on base price or more store credit or other options.)

I am meeting dealer tomorrow AM, so replies ASAP would be helpful.

Last edited by malmgren72; 07-30-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
stng_96
Road Master

Thats a good initial incentive off, but 775 for setup, thats OUTRAGEOUS, all they do is take it out of the crate, take off the plastic, and set the bars/mirrors/signals. I would say the 14700 check might not be a bad idea

Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

Originally Posted by stng_96
Thats a good initial incentive off, but 775 for setup, thats OUTRAGEOUS, all they do is take it out of the crate, take off the plastic, and set the bars/mirrors/signals. I would say the 14700 check might not be a bad idea
That's what I was going to say. Looks like they're boning you on setup to make up for the big discount they're supposedly giving you.

When I was in the market for a bike, the local dealer had a new, base FXD in Vivid Black. It was already discounted to $10,500. I decided I didn't want it, but ended up meeting the guy that did. He walked in w/ $10,000 cash and took it home. $14,500 - $14,700 is probably a good number for that bike. I'm not sure how many people are fans of two-tone paint (I'm not), so keep that in mind if you think you might sell it in the future.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$775 is off the map for set-up.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:06 PM
u wish u could ride
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

give them your one time deal of a nice check for the 14700 and you have the bike.but i d try 14500 .......remember you must be willing to walk away. remember its the end of the month they will play.add in your statement that you dont care how they juggle their numbers thats what you want to pay out the door(registered titled to you) let them have here big set up fee just make MOCO pay it.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

If it was me, I would say take that set-up charge off and I will buy it right now. That set-up is way to high...Good luck.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If I still had one in stock right now I'd be offering free Freight&Prep plus $1,000 off, but we're sold out.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by malmgren
Hey all, I'm new here, but been lurking for a while.

I'm questioning whether this is a good deal - so please let me know before tomorrow, if possible. Dealer has a 2010 FXDC with two-tone colors and alarm. MSRP is 14,264. They are offering $1550 off the MSRP + freight (335) + setup (775) for total of $13,824. Out the door price with taxes and reg puts it at $15,388. Also they are throwing in a $200 store credit, so total discount is around $1750.

Remember the added options of two tone and alarm. (about 1000 list price).

My question is - is this a good deal as it is? This is a cash offer, so should I come in with a cashier's check for 14,700 and see if they take it? I checked around and there's only a handful of 2010 FXDC and only one with the same color scheme down in San Diego area - where shipping costs would prob destroy the deal and not even sure if that dealer is offering any discounts. It would be hard to walk away from considering the above conditions.

Another option is they have a stock new 2009 FXDC with a sticker for $2500 off MSRP. Can I use this to my advantage if they don't bite on the first offer and say I'll take the 2009, but mention that it's less profit for them if I get that one (1000 vs 700).

I also need to add that I did find out the actual invoice for this year/model from the cyclebuy.com site, so I can show them this info if it's to my advantage.

There's a little bit more to this story, but I wanted to see first if the above sounds like a good deal or not, what I should try and counter-offer (whether it be on base price or more store credit or other options.)

I am meeting dealer tomorrow AM, so replies ASAP would be helpful.
Mine was 13,400 before they started adding stuff to it like doc fees (??) tag, sales tax, etc. But they only charged me $335 for setup. The Doc fees are a hand-job and I knew it. I let 'em know I knew it, too.

In any case, they got to where I wanted to be which was $15,000 out the door, total. Total.

Mine has the 'Custom' paint job and security. So it's a tiny bit more than yours. Florida also has a $250 'First Time Tag' fee that was included.

I'd say that if you want the bike and they won't budge, shop around a little. But in the end, ten years from now, you're not gonna remember what you paid for it.

Work 'em a little more. They got the room. Plus, the '11s are coming out and I bet their 2010 Floor Plan is killing them.

Little wrong with the 2009 model other than 5th gear whines like an ex-wife not getting her alimony check on time.

You show the salesman some money. Put him to work for you. You GOTTA understand something -- YOUR salesman wants the deal and he wants it BAD. The Sales Manager couldn't give a crap less which one of his drunken subordinates sells the bike. It WILL sell.

Help your salesman out. Show him some money and make a reasonable offer at the same time. The FIRST question the Sales Manager is gonna ask your salesman when he makes an offer on your behalf is, "Is he ready to put some money on it?"

You have NO idea how many people talk out their butts, beat the living hell out of salesmen and their managers, then -- Walk out the door.

Make an offer, show some bread. None of this, "I gotta talk it over with Mama" bull snot.

Major P.S. Tomorrow is the last day of the Month. They'll be itchy. Don't worry about a cashiers check. I wrote a personal check for mine. They call the Bank to make sure it's good and they're prolly open 24/7.

Last edited by Grendel4; 07-30-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:43 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Grendel4

Help your salesman out. Show him some money and make a reasonable offer at the same time. The FIRST question the Sales Manager is gonna ask your salesman when he makes an offer on your behalf is, "Is he ready to put some money on it?"

You have NO idea how many people talk out their butts, beat the living hell out of salesmen and their managers, then -- Walk out the door.

Make an offer, show some bread. None of this, "I gotta talk it over with Mama" bull snot.

Amen...

Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Take them the check and make your offer . If they don't budge , walk .

Quick Reply: Is $1550 below MSRP a good deal for 2010 FXDC?