Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Lopes' ... and 'goat-ropes' ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 07:52 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear it worked out for you . How do you like the performance gain ? Is it worth the effort ?

Old 07-31-2010, 08:11 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
Glad to hear it worked out for you . How do you like the performance gain ? Is it worth the effort ?
Bite your tongue....of course it's worth the effort

Old 07-31-2010, 10:10 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Photos of the crank position sensor below ....

kk6pg - you said it ....

Jayson/Vic - a little additional background ... I got my pipe reworked just after I got the oil filter changed ... I put the pipe on and then within about a minute of starting it up discovered the leak was coming from the CKP sensor ....

Well, after I got the CKP sensor replaced, it took me almost an hour to get it cleaned up ... there had been oil all over the bottom and front of the motor, trans, and primary, as well as the frame, etc ....

After I got done washing it, I was pretty wiped out from running around all day so took a little break ... I went out for a test ride and some dinner, but it didn't seem to be running as good as it had been the day before ... so, I decided to skip dinner and head back ....

So a few notes after riding it this evening ... it did not seem as responsive on the throttle ... rode it about 25 mi total with about 10 mi at highway speeds 70 - 80 mph range ....

I was looking pretty closely at the push-rod tubes to make sure they all had good seals and that no oil was leaking from them ... checked pretty close around the oil filter and CKP sensor several times ....

At one point shortly before turning back I thought I smelled burning oil, but I couldn't see any ... I wasn't sure if maybe there was some under the motor/trans or in a crevice somewhere that might not have gotten fully cleaned and was burning off ... no cloud of smoke ... but, I gotta admit I was a little nervous ....

It almost felt like the clutch was slipping when I accelerated ... but, I could tell that the clutch was fully engaging during most of the ride; so, I was pretty sure that wasn't it ....

I guess I will have to say at this point, I think it is still a work in progress ...

I have a couple of thoghts and issues I need to mull over and try to get to the bottom of ...

- I was contemplating reloading a new base map into the T-Max ... since I rode around for about a week with a broken-off pipe, I am thinking the auto-tune feature might have altered itself so that it is not optimized with the new pipe ... I just put it on late this morning and ran it for probably less than forty-five minutes and only started three times (the TMAT is programmed to adjust itself up to 5% each time it cycles) ... the other thing I think I'll do is contact Zippers to see if they recommend a different base map to begin with ....

- I had never heard of a CKP sensor failing like mine did ... seems like there must be a reason why it got so chewed up ... since all I did was just replace the sensor, whatever caused it to fail may repeat the process and chew up the new sensor ... I think I need to find out what could possibly have caused it ....

- The first 60+ miles after I finished the cam job (riding around with the old pipe) it was pretty impressive ... as/when I get back to that 'place' I am sure I will be able to report it was well worth it ...!

If anyone has any ideas about the CKP sensor, be sure to chime in ....

R/
'Chop

Attached Thumbnails 'Lopes' ... and 'goat-ropes' ...-photo029.jpg   'Lopes' ... and 'goat-ropes' ...-photo030.jpg   'Lopes' ... and 'goat-ropes' ...-photo031.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:40 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Well, didn't check the website for their hours, but assumed Zippers wouldn't be around on Sunday ... so, I checked the maps in the software (and for online updates to the map library) ... found one with a lot of overlap with my setup (the map was for a SE 203 cam) ....

Just got done installing the map a few minutes ago ... reinitialized my ECM and turned on the monitor feature and started it up ....

Much better ... I was not dressed to ride and it started to sprinkle a bit as I was uploading the map to the bike, so I let it idle until head temp warmed up to about 215 and idle speed fell into a nice range (around 944 - 972) ....

Weather looks like if I head South for a bit I'll ride out of rain ... think I'll do that and loop back West and around and come back on Jamestown - Scotland ferry maybe ....

More to follow ... stand by ....

'Chop

Old 08-01-2010, 02:08 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

The CPS is the one down in front of the oil filter, right? What a silly place for a sensor.

Glad you're getting it tuned. You know this will lead to getting your heads done, right? First thing I'm gonna do when I have a steady income again.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Vic - yeah ... that would be the sensor ....

After loading the map and listening to it run for a bit, I am feeling much better about it ....

I have heads on my wish list ... thinking sometime within the next 12 months ....

Old 08-01-2010, 02:34 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Did you get the 4* advance? If you want mine which will fit yours, you can have it for what I paid. Let me know. Or buy the one for my bike and we'll swap. Same price.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:46 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys are making my wallet itch , talking about cams and heads . Like I need to spend more money !!!

Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
scottyd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you gonna post a vid? would love to hear the cams!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:16 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

man Chad made a pushrod tube install thing, out of some pipe, it was unreal how fast and easy it worked! maybe he can chime in and give soem more details on it!

Quick Reply: 'Lopes' ... and 'goat-ropes' ...