Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointing 2011 Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:28 PM
bqualls
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointing 2011 Dynas

Wow. I pretty much agree with the comments in this thread. What's up with those color schemes? The Sedona Orange color is the only passable one, in my humble opinion. I'm also glad to see that they've added another Road Glide model, the Road Glide Ultra. If I popped for any new bike, that'd be the one. 2-1-2 exhaust, taller wind screen, Brilliant Silver Pearl version, and other features I like. I'm trying to figure out if they slammed the suspension on the RG Ultra like they did on RG Custom. It has the same ground clearance. I don't like the slammed suspension -- too low. Anyway, this is a Dyna forum, so I'll stop talking about Road Glides and look for more of your comments on the 2011 models.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No such thing as limited edition when it comes to HD, the factory will puke out as many as they can sell.

Originally Posted by rbartick
I was just about to. I'm pretty f-n pissed about that. I bought mine as a real early 2010 model back in August of '09 and everything I read told me that the color scheme was supposed to be 'limited production'. I was really hoping to have a fairly unique ride but over the past year tons of people ended up getting them and now they are bringing it back for 2011.

Nice....

I guess the production is limited to anyone who wants to buy one.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 PM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanw
No such thing as limited edition when it comes to HD, the factory will puke out as many as they can sell.
Is it common for them to carry over a "limited" paint design to the next model year? This sucks.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zird00
These colors are fugly! And they ditched the FXDL for that "Super Low" sporty?

Looks like they hired Dutch Boy to design the 2011s!
HD actually dropped the FXDL last year (2010) in favor of the Fat Boy Lo. Trying to move the lowrider market up to the softail line.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Simmy150
Advanced

Originally Posted by Asphalt_Eater
Very disappointed on the whole line up this year. Yellow orange and brown? Where did hey get their ideas, a 70's **** carpet?
Maybe from what will sell in India....

Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The two lines of bikes that I really like - Dyna and V-Rod - are kinda fading away. Before long we'll all be riding one of the 30 Sportsters at $7999 and looking to "upgrade" to one of the 30 Touring bikes at $79,999.

PsTaN

Last edited by PsTaN; 07-27-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 PM
lightsout247
3rd Gear

glad i didn't wait for the new models.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 PM
PGDredd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just gonna copy an earlier post I made in another thread.......it's the same anyway:

Yeah, I'm not impressed. I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2011's to buy my WideGlide......I was thinking if I bought a '10 they'd bring out a CVO WG for '11 with a badass paintjob and a 110 just for spite!

I don't like any of the new color combo's......but I gotta say I'm kinda pissed that my "Limited Edition" black with flames paint job is being carried over for 2011........I knew they weren't really any kind of limited job, but to call it that and then not limit it to at least one year?!?!?

I know, they sold alot of them then figured they could keep it up for '11. Very dissapointed in thier (lack of) creativity for 2011.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 PM
hellfrozeover
Advanced

Street bob, where did you get the cover for your Screaming Eagle intake? I think the dealer sold me the wrong Stage 1 air cleaner for my 2010 Bob since the intake is round like yours. It wont work with the stock air box. I like yours.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

I just checked out the new bikes. The Dyna line definitely shrunk. It makes sense that they would have ditched either the FXDC of FXDL. After giving the FXDC the black engine in 2010 they were practically the same bike with the exception of the bars and the tach. Sucks they got rid of the FXD though, that seemed like a popular model.

Interesting colors on the wide glide. They really went nuts on the flames.

The bike I'm really into is the XR1200X. That was available in the UK for 2010 so I've seen it in person and it's pretty slick. Fully adjustable suspension with adjustable compression and rebound front and rear with piggy back rear shocks would be pretty sweet. I'm never getting rid of my bike but this would be an awesome second bike. Maybe I'll pick up a used one in a couple years.

The posted some new parts also. Some nice but really expensive paint sets and gloss black engine covers. Also saw an LED replacement headlight.

Quick Reply: Disappointing 2011 Dynas