Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXD doesn't have much compression, rear cyl...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010 | 08:00 AM
spaceblue
Tourer

I'm just now lookin at this thread and thinkin, wow a 2 spark plug motor with the _intake_ in the wrong hole and it didn't hit the piston? Then it dawned on me. This guy had the second plug added so he'd look cool on bike night. I imagine next we'll see your owner in a Darwin thread.

Old 07-29-2010 | 10:41 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

The older head types did not have as good of atomization of the fuel, so it is not an uncommon 'fix' to run two plugs per head to improve complete combustion of the fuel ... Panhead and Shovelhead in particular ....

I think Sniper said that head is from a Shovelhead ....

What surprises me most about this thread is that I actually figured out what it was I was looking at ....

Cannot believe that the owner had the thing in his hands (and his mechanic who assembled the thing) ... and did not notice the error ... WOW

Old 07-29-2010 | 09:28 PM
sniper77
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
The older head types did not have as good of atomization of the fuel, so it is not an uncommon 'fix' to run two plugs per head to improve complete combustion of the fuel ... Panhead and Shovelhead in particular ....

I think Sniper said that head is from a Shovelhead ....

What surprises me most about this thread is that I actually figured out what it was I was looking at ....

Cannot believe that the owner had the thing in his hands (and his mechanic who assembled the thing) ... and did not notice the error ... WOW
IT really is hilarious and a topic of comic relief in the shop for a few days now.

I put it together today and managed 50 psi out of the front and back cylinders after adding oil through the spark plug holes.

After setting the lash and adjusting the S&S carb I managed to fire it up with one compression stroke!

I was pretty proud to have managed a fire up and finished the bill with only 3 hours labor and new gaskets for the intake.

This thing came to the shop without a seat or a dash so the customer got called to bring his trailer and get it off our inventory.

Old 07-29-2010 | 09:44 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Nice work ...

Old 07-31-2010 | 03:07 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master

ouch not going to be cheap...