Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear turn signal plugs. .... Do they make em?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:28 PM
jousley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear turn signal plugs. .... Do they make em?

Hey guys! Just took off my rear turn signals on my 07 sb. Put some LEDs on the swingarm instead. Called my local Harley and apparantly they don't make plugs to cover the indentation on the strut covers where the turn signals mounted. Which is lame. The indentation is quite noticeable and someone has to have some idea how to make this look good. Please... Tell me where uve found plugs. Or what you've done to cover this up. As always. Thanks in advance

j

Old 07-25-2010, 06:03 PM
myillearth
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what you can do to fill the holes but I would like to see pics of the new turn signals and details. I am thinking of removint the covers and just running black struts. However I am looking to install the removable kit for a backrest.

I am lookin to move mine also.

Thanks

Old 07-25-2010, 06:25 PM
HDTech74
Tourer

in some of the rear turn signal re location kits there are little black plugs that pop into the holes. that's about as good as you're going to get.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:30 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not have a dyna, but on a fatboy the relocation kits come with plugs, you can order just the plugs, $3.47 for two.
They also sell the plugs anywhere they sale chrome bolts.
Originally Posted by jousley
Hey guys! Just took off my rear turn signals on my 07 sb. Put some LEDs on the swingarm instead. Called my local Harley and apparantly they don't make plugs to cover the indentation on the strut covers where the turn signals mounted. Which is lame. The indentation is quite noticeable and someone has to have some idea how to make this look good. Please... Tell me where uve found plugs. Or what you've done to cover this up. As always. Thanks in advance

j

Old 07-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Hickey
Road Captain

47531-06

Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM
franticbilly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the chrome plugs on a deuce a few years ago, but haven't come across them for sale anywhere. I just recently replaced my rear tailight with an LED unit that has integrated signals and want to cover the oval holes in the strut as well. Since I haven't found any smooth strut covers for an FXSTD, the only option I see right now is to weld in a plug and powder coat the strut covers or rechrome.

If anyone knows where to find these mystical chrome plugs, please let me know.
Cheers

Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure if this is what your are looking for but try this link.....http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hickey
47531-06
heck ya man, thanks I just ordered a pair for my bob, that is exactly what I have silently been looking for, even tried to make a set!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Hickey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jshull
heck ya man, thanks I just ordered a pair for my bob, that is exactly what I have silently been looking for, even tried to make a set!
when you see them, you'll think damn I could have made those no problem. They're cheap as hell though, so who cares.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

To cover the holes you could use H-D chrome hole plug (p/n 56239-93) (see pic) retails for $1.00 each at LSHD1.com (H-D price $1.25).

These came in the relocation kit I use on my FXD2003 (click image to enlarge)

Quick Reply: Rear turn signal plugs. .... Do they make em?