Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pledge it clean?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
deanp1964
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you use the search feature, i'm pretty sure you find several other posts about using pledge that suggest you use the search feature as well....

I use it all the time though. My bikes look pretty damn good and I don't have to slave over them all the time. i prefer to ride em and the pledge gives me time to do that.

best kept non-secret on the forum!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:07 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok I had just washed my truck today as it was filthy from sitting. I ride everyday and have been neglecting my truck for a loooong time. I had not washed it in over a year. So I got to thinking about trying Pledge on it as the paint was looking kinda shitty. All I have to say is WOW! It looks like I had a $200 detail job done to it. All I did was wipe it down and buff it a tiny bit after with a microfiber. I am a believer. My bike is denim so I might try the underside of the saddle bags for a test.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 PM
goblin127
Tourer

I just started using it myself after years of car wax. Its way more easier and less time. I'm glad I tried it sofar.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lemon Pledge also works wonders on windshields. Spray it on and buff it off.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Simmy150
Advanced

Originally Posted by blacknsilver
I would think it would make a sheen on the denim.
Why not just use the Harley Denim Paint Cleaner?

Old 07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
dacfan
Intermediate

So wash and dry my Street Bob and use lemon pledge on the tins and pipes, no car wax or chrome cleaner??????

Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Bznitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by patski
What about denim paint? Is Pledge safe to use on the tank, fenders etc?
Originally Posted by mark0763
im curious about the denim paint as well i have a buddy that says he uses it on his and gives it good praise but he doesnt always look into things before he does them
Pledge is a waxed based product. If you want your denim shiny, go ahead. I'm sticking to Windex

Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tried it on mine. All I can say is holy crap! My bike hasn't looked that good since it sat on the dealers floor! Goes a lot farther than H-D's Spray Cleaner & Polish too!

Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how about mr. clean

Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain
Default Using Furniture polish on your bike?? GAWD yeah!!

These posts STILL crack me up!! Like it's anything new...I have been doing quick clean-ups on my cars for years with it-and ALL my bikes. Hell I use the Dollar store brand and it works just fine. Go to a car show and see how many guys do their whole vehicles with it. Plus it works well on helmets and shields too. Why do i need to do a serious car wax job on vehicles that are stored in a garage?? Yup-you are correct! I don't need all that protection and long lasting shine. Now my poor 96 Toyota Tercel commuter car that I drive 90% of the time and sits outside 24/7/365? It gets a double coat of Nu-Finish every late fall! 131K and no rust either....
I don't believe i'd try it on the Denim finish though(I agree bznitch!)..I think you'd end up with a 'satin' finish instead. Just my two centavo's...OH yeah since there seems to little knowledge on this old trick DO NOT SPRAY/WIPE it on ANY seats,grips or pegs though! This is a Public Service Message for you silly-heads...

Last edited by HDMarkyB; 07-24-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Pledge it clean?