Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV and 2010 Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts
Question PCV and 2010 Dynas

I had an indy tell me yesterday that the PCV isnt so good on the 2010 dynas and the PCIII would be a better choice.

I am no HD engine guru so it concerns me when i hear such things just before i go outlay $$, can anyone confirm/deny/relate experiences with this? Would hate to drop my coin on something that doesnt live up to expectations.

thx,

8s

side note: I am looking at the PCV with the Auto tune 'cause the nearest dyno centre i know of is 250 miles away

Last edited by Krazy8s; 07-21-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Could be true..... Article on it in this months AIM, American Iron Magazine..... They rate PCIII USB higher than V if I remember correctly

Old 07-21-2010, 05:57 PM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it hard to believe. I have a PCV on my FHLX and love it. So much so that I bought another one for my wifes FXDF (to replace her fuel pack). Buy a PCV from Fuel Moto and you wont go wrong! Better yet, call Jamie and ask his opinion. They tune 96ci Harleys everyday.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 PM
scottyd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll know for sure soon enough, got a pc3 ordered for mine, Jamie told me that the pc3 will work for the 2010 but Dynojet and Fuel Moto won't support it for that year. I guess its Dynojets tactic to get consumers to buy the more expensive pcv. Im going to try the pc3 (which I got CHEAP) and if I dont like messing with it, then the fuel injection is coming off of mine.

Last edited by scottyd; 07-21-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,124 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
I had an indy tell me yesterday that the PCV isnt so good on the 2010 dynas and the PCIII would be a better choice.

I am no HD engine guru so it concerns me when i hear such things just before i go outlay $$, can anyone confirm/deny/relate experiences with this? Would hate to drop my coin on something that doesnt live up to expectations.

thx,

8s

side note: I am looking at the PCV with the Auto tune 'cause the nearest dyno centre i know of is 250 miles away
Both the PC III and PC-V are excellent units. The PC-V however is a more updated version with more tuning parameters, expanded features, and tuning options. It is also smaller than the PC III which is helpful on the Dyna, and most importantly you can add the Auto Tune which works awesome.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-22-2010, 10:58 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,124 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyd
I'll know for sure soon enough, got a pc3 ordered for mine, Jamie told me that the pc3 will work for the 2010 but Dynojet and Fuel Moto won't support it for that year. I guess its Dynojets tactic to get consumers to buy the more expensive pcv. Im going to try the pc3 (which I got CHEAP) and if I dont like messing with it, then the fuel injection is coming off of mine.
Retail price is the same for the PC III and PC-V. Dynojet did not change the price when they came out with the new unit, they released a more updated unit with more features for the same price. We also offer the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner for $239.00 which is a PC III with our label. Because Dynojet supports 300+ different models it was their choice to offer the PC-V for 09 and later models only, because they would have needed to go back and test each individual model. Fuel Moto offers the PC-V for many pre-09 models which can be found at http://fuelmotousa.com/pcvretrofit.htm

Old 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM
baldu
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my PCV from Jamie @ FuelMoto. (Thanks, Jamie!) It's working fine on my 2010 Fat Bob.

I don't know if you've looked under the seat where you have to fit that thing, but there's not exactly a lot of room. It was difficult enough to get the PCV in there. I imagine the PCIII is a real PITA.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:43 PM
ecvjohnny
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the fuel moto pc3 and it works great. it was a bit of a pita to install though.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:50 PM
scottyd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Retail price is the same for the PC III and PC-V. Dynojet did not change the price when they came out with the new unit, they released a more updated unit with more features for the same price. We also offer the Fuel Moto EFI Tuner for $239.00 which is a PC III with our label. Because Dynojet supports 300+ different models it was their choice to offer the PC-V for 09 and later models only, because they would have needed to go back and test each individual model. Fuel Moto offers the PC-V for many pre-09 models which can be found at http://fuelmotousa.com/pcvretrofit.htm
Ok thanks for clearing that up!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting ready to have a PC5 installed on my 2010 WG. While I was reviewing the installation instructions it appeared that the pin connector is going to be dangling/ exposed outside of the electrical box, somewhere behind the rear cyl. Is this correct and is it not possible to have it connected within the electrical box or somewhere it not exposed and visible? I really don't want to see another big connector just crammed behind the cylinder? I'm scheduled for installation on Sat at the local Dynojet tuner in Santa Maria so would appreciate any comments. Thanks

Quick Reply: PCV and 2010 Dynas