Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV and 2010 Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,167 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by pcbunn
I'm getting ready to have a PC5 installed on my 2010 WG. While I was reviewing the installation instructions it appeared that the pin connector is going to be dangling/ exposed outside of the electrical box, somewhere behind the rear cyl. Is this correct and is it not possible to have it connected within the electrical box or somewhere it not exposed and visible? I really don't want to see another big connector just crammed behind the cylinder? I'm scheduled for installation on Sat at the local Dynojet tuner in Santa Maria so would appreciate any comments. Thanks
The connector can be tucked up pretty well in the recess in the frame, and I zip tie them for clean installation. I would also recommend using some dielectric grease.

p.s. I love the C5 Z06 wheels in the background of the pic, they are my all time favorite wheels.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jamie, I appreciate the info as it puts my mind to rest over that issue. Do you mind giving me your opinion regarding the PC5 overall? There is so much differing opinion out there that I would appreciate yours. I will be having the PC5 installed tomorrow by Jeff in Santa Maria, an official Dynojet tuner, using his dyno and installation knowledge. My concern is rather general: is the PC5 the best overall choice for basic hard street riding and good fuel management so the motor doesn't run too lean and hot. Any comments are appreciated.
p.s. I like the wheels but prefer my IForged TE5-S's as they will handle a wider set of PS2's.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While we are talking about all the advantages, wanted to just to mention here that the problem with using any of the the PCs on the late model bikes is that they simply force the bike into entirely open loop operation which cripples the ECUs capability to adapt to changing fuel quality. The PCs were the ticket years ago in simpler times and may still be fine for making power, if you get the same fuel all the time. But today we seem to have crappy and inconsistent fuel, which may effect one state more than another. The PCs without autotune have no way to sense crappy fuel before potential damage is done.

I dunno, just saying that there are better late model bikes tuning tools that do cost a few dollars more but have also proven to provide a better street tune in practice as well as getting the most out of your fuel from tank to tank (without nearly as much damage risk). Just something to think about. One reason perhaps the PCV people have added the autotune module and O2 sensors to the lineup. These can cope with the changing fuels and make be a benefit once the fuel problems become more well known.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:38 PM
warrentrg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcbunn
I'm getting ready to have a PC5 installed on my 2010 WG. While I was reviewing the installation instructions it appeared that the pin connector is going to be dangling/ exposed outside of the electrical box, somewhere behind the rear cyl. Is this correct and is it not possible to have it connected within the electrical box or somewhere it not exposed and visible? I really don't want to see another big connector just crammed behind the cylinder? I'm scheduled for installation on Sat at the local Dynojet tuner in Santa Maria so would appreciate any comments. Thanks

That location behind the rear cylinder sucks. Dont look good at all.

Thats where i had my PCV connector untill i saw this vid of the fuelpak which uses the same connector. Fits behind the electrical box under the ECU perfect. The connector must be oriented the correct way or the new harness will not reach the ECU. Also, take the battery and battery box off and installation will go much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNuCX...layer_embedded

Old 07-23-2010, 11:32 PM
mack4200
Stage II

i installed mine myself and programmed it you wont see the connections unless you get on your knees and look for it.mine is on a 2010 super glide custom.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Splandman
Tourer

I just had a used PCV installed a couple of days ago. I bought it from a member on here. They also put in my BCT baffles at the same time and I had them Dyno tune the bike. The bike made 69hp and 81tq before the PCV and 75hp and 86tq after they installed and tuned it.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:18 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by warrentrg
That location behind the rear cylinder sucks. Dont look good at all.

Thats where i had my PCV connector untill i saw this vid of the fuelpak which uses the same connector. Fits behind the electrical box under the ECU perfect. The connector must be oriented the correct way or the new harness will not reach the ECU. Also, take the battery and battery box off and installation will go much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNuCX...layer_embedded
+1 on removing the battery and the battery box. It'll allow you rearrange the wiring and get that PCV in easily.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:25 AM
pcbunn
Tourer

Thanks to all who responded. I'm going to go ahead and have the PCV installed today and run on the dyno. After install I'll post hp and tq before and after numbers for comparsion. And after I get it home will probably remove the battery box and reconfigure and ziptie all the wiring.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
pcbunn
Tourer

The PCV is installed and dyno results while not exactly earth shattering are better than stock. According to Cycle World's latest write up on the 2010 Wide Glide the stock Hp is 63 and the torque is 81.1. After PCV installation the dyno read 70.77hp and 84.5 tq. on my WG. So picked up 7 Hp and 3 lbs torque for $500. Installation went OK but i'll need to clean up the wiring a bit. One thing for sure is that it seems to pull stronger and feels smoother but not all that different, it does sound a bit more balanced ??. Not sure what I mean but it sounds better. Thanks again for all the comments and info. The forum is a great source of info.