Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat vs Thunderheader

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 PM
GfromAlberta
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D&D Fatcat vs Thunderheader

Looking for opinions on which look, sound and perform better?

The only dyno's I've seen on 2-1's have D&D beating the Thunderheader but I'm really interested in what people think look/sound better???

Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would give the edge to the Fat Cat for overall quality and performance. Looks and sound are subjective but since you asked, I like the look of the Fat Cat in chrome and the Thunderheader in black. Sound, both are pretty good. I like the way the Fat Cat sounds when you get on the throttle hard. A nice deep rumble sort of like a muscle car.

Originally Posted by GfromAlberta
Looking for opinions on which look, sound and perform better?

The only dyno's I've seen on 2-1's have D&D beating the Thunderheader but I'm really interested in what people think look/sound better???

Thanks

Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 AM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Performance wise...both perform very well! I compared both on my build on the dyno...Thunderheader beat it, but not allways the case! I've seen back to back tests where the fatcat beat it. All pipes react differently to different builds...but any 2 into 1 will perform well! Sound wise IMO...it's really hard to beat the Thunderheader tone, most will agree but that's a pretty personal thing! Looks are very personal also...Thunderheaders aren't axactly known for being a pretty pipe or an outstanding finish...fat cats do have a nice finish! Alot of people talk about the Tunderheader dip in the lower rpm range...most of the talk is here say cause that dip can be tuned out pretty good with a dyno operator that knows his sh**! I dig Thunderheaders & will have it no other way...thats my opinion! However the fatcat, bassani pro 2 into 1, propipe, Rhinehart 2 into 1 ect. are all good pipes & make good power...none of these will destroy one another on the dyno on a simple stock build or upgrading cams...it all rides on what you prefer...sound & looks!

Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 AM
NoCalFXD
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I go Thunderheader everytime, my personal choice for sound. Black or chrome...

Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my Thunderheader !!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Like everyone said there isn't going to much difference performance wise and without trying both on your build there is no way to say which would perform better.

I went with the Fatcat because I preferred the look and the chrome on a Thunderheader is pretty poor.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default D&D vs. Thunderheader

Great responses to the original Inquiry and there are plenty more with a simple search. I went with the D&D FAT CAT on my FXDC mainly because I liked the look, sound and Chrome Quality. As for performance....I think comparing all the various threads and Dyno Runs etc.....its splitting hairs difference wise......Go with your personal preference. I'm very pleased with the FAT CAT 2 into 1.
With the 30 T Power Pulley and the SE Stage 1....The Fat Cats sound SO NICE when you get on her....

GARY

Old 04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
JC24237
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
What length are those risers? And are the H-D?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was debating the same thing last year, but went with the new Bassani Road Rage II pipe, happy with my decision

Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

This is an old thread but ill bite....

I like the quality and performance of the fat cat over the thunderheader.
But i do like the sound and looks of the t header.

ALSO IF THUNDERHEADER STEPPED UP THE QUALITY OF CHROME OR THE BLACK COATING ID BE ALLOVER THE T HEADER AS A SECOND PIPE..

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat vs Thunderheader