Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Risk, No Reward. No Going back Now! **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really does look great. It's got me thinking. I don't have much chrome left since it's all covered in black but i may have to try this on my risers. Could this work on plastic chrome? I was thinking that this could look good done on the chrome switches and then put them in the black switch housings for a nice contrast.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Zomb13
Cruiser

Thanks guys I appreciate the compliments. I just like doing crazy **** that I can do myself. Its fun to get out in the garage and experiment. Nkauf, I don't know if it will work on the plastochrome. I think its real thin. If ya wanna know exactley how I did it just PM me and I'll tell ya what kind of tape to use to tape off and what all ya need.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man that takes guts i guess worse case scinero you can replace it, i have to much chrome to even begin such a project, good luck, i think a antigue finish would be cool again kodo`s for the thought

Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 PM
mahagowitz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zomb13
It's super hot and super humid here in the midwest and I pull my bike out of the AC in the garage and all the chrome on the FatBob is cold thus condensates.

I don't even have AC in my house and yer garage is making yer bike condensate, ain't that a bitch. Anyway last year Conrads (in Joliet) had a street glide they did like that. All the chrome was scuffed up. I asked the guy and they said they took a scotch bright to it so if a dealer did it i wouldn't worry much about rust and all.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Zomb13
Cruiser

HOLY GEEZUS! No AC ?! Damn thats gotta suck sorry bro. It is very hot here in the midwest with 90% humidity and 98 degrees it is killer. It can't be much different in illinois. I really don't think it will rust either but that dealer bike you mentioned did put my mind at ease. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

That looks great. Nice job. Cheap parts to replace if you ever change your mind, but I think you'll keep going. this stuff gets addicting. Once you break the factory "seal" there is no limit to making that ride yours.

Last edited by Thingfish; 07-18-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: add image
Old 07-18-2010, 12:48 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fhansen
Say, what kind of bars do you have on your bike?-I can't tell from the pic. Looks good in any case, BTW.

Just some no name bars off Ebay I love them just got back from a 200km sunday ride and feeling good

Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

nice look - i think you got the reward... esp. nice w/ the distressed seat you're running. Plus, no more polishing chrome!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:18 AM
mahagowitz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
nice look - i think you got the reward... esp. nice w/ the distressed seat you're running. Plus, no more polishing chrome!
who polishes chrome? I hardly wash the thing, it's just gonna get bugs all over it again tomorrow.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:47 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

wait till it rusts... it will look real antique then...j/k

Quick Reply: No Risk, No Reward. No Going back Now! **PICS**