Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need cheap loud slipons!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:22 AM
eviljason
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need cheap loud slipons!!!

For my 2010 superglide.
the blue haired old ladys are trying to kill me every day when they change lanes.
also--are the screaming eagle slipons the only thing besides stock that has a EPA stamp on em?
my evil plan is to run some loud cheap slipons untill the local (Idaho)
police decide to make an example out of me--and if that happens--toss the stock ones back on--otherwise i would just knock the innerds outa them and run em. also back on my last evo--i just took the mufflers off and just ran the headers and rejetted.
is there any real reason not to do this on a twincam other than its gonna look horrible?
ok to recap-
1- cheap loud slipons- do they exist?
2-Who has a EPA stamp
3-run with just headpipes-no mufflers
thanks for any info and advice in advance

Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Wear a bright vest. Drive defensivly. But don't give law makers more reason to make new laws. Soon the exhaust will come welded to the bike so we can't change it.

Getting cut off is part of it. Nothing new in the 26 years I been on the street.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Buy some Vance and Hines slip-ons. They are loud when you ant them to be and mellow when you don't.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:29 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

either Rush slipons or check ebay

HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Cycle Shack slip-ons. They are loud and were at the right price at about $105from Jireh Cycles when I bought them 2yrs ago. http://www.jirehcycles.com/

remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cheap and Slip ons is oxymoronic.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:31 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 594 Likes on 292 Posts

new Dyna...keep the stock header pipes and find slip-ons. I have Rush. They are not cheap. Good mufflers will be 300 bucks or so. Just spring for them.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
FXSTCRYDR
Cruiser

Check out American Custom. In my research they have the best bang for the buck IMO, and they LOOK stock, and have 3 levels of sound you can choose. Stockish-Mid-Loud. Only takes a couple of minutes to swap baffles. I did a test on their website shopping cart etc. and came out less than 300.00 for all the bells and whistles on my FXSTC 2010. Best of all worlds, cheap, looks stock (I like the stock look), good sound (deep rumble), and some performance to boot. Check out the website, they have sound bites you can listen to, a dyno graph on the performance tab, and a couple of videos to show the system. Good luck.

www.americancustom.com

Old 07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

I would go cycle shack they are 1/2 the price of rush or any other and were the original screaming eagle muffler offered by harley(the ones everybody loved)Rush seem to be very popular these days but I am not a big fan They are very pricey and IMO they do not sound all that good.My friend put them on his fat bob we were both very disappointed.It could be because he only got the 1.75 baffels.Sounds like a motor boat It really sounds terrible.If you do go with rush get the 2in baffels.Good Luck

Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 AM
grizzwold
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1 on the Cycle Shacks. I had them on my Sportster and ran them on my Dyna for a year or so until I could afford a Thunderheader. Definitely a good bang for your buck. Nice low rumble and they will bark when you get on the throttle.

Quick Reply: I need cheap loud slipons!!!