Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need cheap loud slipons!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
panic_fan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Rush slip-ons. You can keep the sound down if you take it easy on the throttle but they'll bark if you get on it. I've made some pretty obnoxious amounts of noise around the local (Boise) Po-Po and not had any problems. IMHO, loud pipes are a gateway offense. They'll use them as an excuse to pull you over because they suspect some other offense, like Driving Under the Influence.

Don't know about the EPA stamp. You can see straight through most of the high flow (loud) mufflers so they're not gonna get many stamps of approval from environmental agencies.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RFG
Wear a bright vest. Drive defensivly. But don't give law makers more reason to make new laws. Soon the exhaust will come welded to the bike so we can't change it.

Getting cut off is part of it. Nothing new in the 26 years I been on the street.
+1

Loud pipes are a **** poor answer to your problem. I don't care what anyone sez. I like reasonably loud pipes but don't consider them any part of my safety measures.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
ozzy2800
Cruiser

I have the Rush with a 2" baffle and they are loud, but not crazy loud. I agree with RFG, defensive driving is a must. I've been at it for 20 years, and now thos little old blue hairs have cell phones too!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
panic_fan
Tourer

Originally Posted by ozzy2800
I have the Rush with a 2" baffle and they are loud, but not crazy loud. I agree with RFG, defensive driving is a must. I've been at it for 20 years, and now thos little old blue hairs have cell phones too!!!

Cell phones... and GPS! When the nice little voice says "turn left now" by God, they turn left NOW!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:02 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So you want to be as loud as you can and as annoying as you can for what??

Buy some decent mufflers, V&H straightshots are plenty loud. That way you can get a bit of performance out of it as well and good sound. Just by being loud you gain nothing but a ticket for loud pipes. People will still cut you off and run you off the road.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not look at Rush short full exhaust. Look at Phat Performance for best price. Got a set for my bike for $270. They look and sound great.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I put the V&H Twin Slash slip-ons on mine. I think they look good and they sound good. You get on the throttle and they will DEFINITELY talk to you. You drive it right, and you can be right next to a Cop without him noticing you.

Had one follow me for a couple blocks. Pretty sure he had his decibel meter on, looking for a reason to hand me a ticket. I kinda had it coming. Was on a back road and nailed it pretty hard. A quarter mile away I turned into the neighborhood and he must have heard me. So he followed me for a little bit.

Cost? I paid $250 delivered. Total.

Last edited by Grendel4; 07-15-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Cycle shacks fit the bill for you. that is what you need!

Drew

Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 PM
MrDickArmstrong
Advanced

I bought my 10 Street Bob with the Rush slip-ons. I love the sound of them, as some of the other members said, the can get loud but not as loud as a full system. Rush has a nice rumble also. Check out my youtube page....1savagelover, I have around four videos of my stock bike with the slip-on's.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cycle shack are the cheap ones, but don't overlook used slipons from here or ebay as well. You can also modify your stock mufflers to make them louder...search here for more info.

For the other point, assume that people can't see or hear you, and always leave yourself plenty of buffer. When I'm in a car/truck, I never can tell where the loud bike is which is kind of scary to me. I'm also not a big believer in really loud colors or bright/flashing headlights because they are extremely annoying and could cause target fixation. They also don't overcome a distracted driver!

The following users liked this post:
dlipton (12-31-2021)

Quick Reply: I need cheap loud slipons!!!