Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better looking SE A/C Cover ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
DCRANER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better looking SE A/C Cover ?

Considering Stage I SE kit and 16 Gauge Double Barrel exhaust for my new WG, but the SE A/C cover is UGLY!

So, is there a better looking A/C cover that would fit, or would a K&N filter with my stock football base with a better looking cover for that give the same performance results as the SE unit? Either way I would have the re-map done.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would be real nice to find an A/C cover that had the same emblem as is on the back of the WG sissy bar.

Thanks.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master
Default RE: Better looking SE A/C Cover ?

There is an insert that goes on the stock football cover that has "live to ride" on top of an eagle. I had this on my bike before I switched to the Kuryakan filter. I think you are right around the corner from me, I live in Leaonardo. You can drop by to take a look at, or throw it on your bike to see how it looks.

Let me know.

To answer your performance question, The K&N inside the stock football is not bad. I have the kuryakan on my bike now and I think there is a little more pep when I crack the throttle. But I had the 1K service done and they tighten'd my primary chain, so that can be in the equation to.

Let me know, send me an email and I will send you my address.
CycleDrider@comcast.net

Old 06-14-2005, 09:44 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

The SE unit will flow more air than the replacement K&N for the stock setup with the football cover. Unless you have a healthy build (over 100/100) the replacement K&N filter will do as long as you open up the air box backing plate with a few 1 inch holes along the bottom edge cause they are too restrictive in stock trim to help much. I would suggest however to get the SE setup because the HD maps are built around the SE air filter unit and their mufflers also, so altering the setup could cause it to not run 100% as good as it was mapped for.
You can go to GOOGLE.com and type in" harley air cleaner covers " and come up with hundreds of them .

Old 06-15-2005, 05:35 PM
FallenAngel
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA!

**I ride the really, really short bus**

I opened up this post out of curiosity trying to figure out why a Halrey would come with and air conditioner, lmao.

I am like a kidnergartner suddenly put in the 9th grade. Now that I am clear on which part you want to replace, thanks for all the info. The FIRST thing I want to change is the air cleaner cover. It is indeed HORRID. I want something with some pizzazz, or just plain. The on on ours is crap.

We are thinking abut changing to a K&N filter (we meaning theb/f) cause thats what he has on the car. I am going to Google the other one and print out this post. Maybe something other than K&N would be better.

You guys are making me look sooooo smart, lol.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:55 PM
DCRANER
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FallenAngel

HA!

**I ride the really, really short bus**

I opened up this post out of curiosity trying to figure out why a Halrey would come with and air conditioner, lmao.

I am like a kidnergartner suddenly put in the 9th grade. Now that I am clear on which part you want to replace, thanks for all the info. The FIRST thing I want to change is the air cleaner cover. It is indeed HORRID. I want something with some pizzazz, or just plain. The on on ours is crap.

We are thinking abut changing to a K&N filter (we meaning theb/f) cause thats what he has on the car. I am going to Google the other one and print out this post. Maybe something other than K&N would be better.

You guys are making me look sooooo smart, lol.
Glad to have been of some help.

And always remember...."It's better to look smart than to be smart" [sm=icon_cheers.gif]