Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-Track received and installed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Here is a post with some pics I made on an older thread on the true track install.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/5304138-post11.html
With the way I supported the engine, you can loosen all the bolts on the rear mount which makes it much easier to install. I also slid the jack back and supported the front in a similar fashion and loosened all the bolts up to ease installation as well.

The rear TT bracket should be counter bored on the the top hole so the button head should work and you need the extra length of the supplied bolt.
CB
Wish I had a jack like that! Sure would have made installation easier.

The latest Dyna TT kits come with the longer socket-head and button-head bolts. The top hole of the rear T-bracket is counterbored to accomodate the socket-head bolts, not the button heads. Something I discovered after installing the front T-bracket.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

I put a true track under a Rick Doss spoiler(05 dyna) and used an old lockhart oil cooler mounted on the boss on the frame downtubes under the neck. It makes little difference on a bike with good suspension already(FXDX forks/fork brace/adjusable damping rear shocks/good tires). It didn't do anything at all better with the true track until you push it really really hard around tight turns. Then you can tell the difference. Not much but there is a difference in stability and quickness of handling, more like a sportbike than a harley. My opinion, waste of money on FXDX, worth money on stock bike.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:00 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

had mine for 2 seasons now. Being an Evo with different transmission connections maybe I noticed it more. But the thing I noticed the most was the change in straight line, off the lights acceleration. Goes straight now. Also accelerating out of a turn it stays more predictable.
My riding technique is not sport-bike honed, so every advantage in stability helps.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:10 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Romeo
Wish I had a jack like that! Sure would have made installation easier.

The latest Dyna TT kits come with the longer socket-head and button-head bolts. The top hole of the rear T-bracket is counterbored to accomodate the socket-head bolts, not the button heads. Something I discovered after installing the front T-bracket.
You are absolutely correct and I stand corrected. I could have sworn they were button heads, but I went looked and mine are in fact allen socket heads screws. Why would TT use button heads when they don't fit or are they supplying hex head bolts? Maybe I misunderstood your post?
The jack is cheap at harbor freight and if you do the SC Longhair mod and move the pads to the outside, it is rock solid!

I think it was WS6 Formula who has a TT set up with an oil cooler and showed pics, but I could not find the post.
CB

Last edited by NoLongerAmember; 07-16-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:29 PM
AFHuey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, this is my next upgrade. The roads in England put you in corners with wierd bumps. It causes the *** end to feel wierd....and the bike acts funny too. Here's to +1 to a good mod and another +1 to knowing what you feel.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
You are absolutely correct and I stand corrected. I could have sworn they were button heads, but I went looked and mine are in fact allen socket heads screws. Why would TT use button heads when they don't fit or are they supplying hex head bolts? Maybe I misunderstood your post?
The jack is cheap at harbor freight and if you do the SC Longhair mod and move the pads to the outside, it is rock solid!

I think it was WS6 Formula who has a TT set up with an oil cooler and showed pics, but I could not find the post.
CB
I may have mislead you somewhat by saying hex-head when I meant socket-head. The TT instructions show socket-heads used for the front and rear T-brackets, but they supply only 2 socket-heads (and 2 button-head) bolts. The socket-heads must be used for the rear T-bracket.

Thanks for the tip on the jack!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just read your post and signature and understand the look and style of bike you're going for, but if you are not doing yourself any favors in terms of handling and ride quality with slammed 10.5 shocks.

A performance shock would make a big difference in ride quality on bumpy roads by keeping the rear wheel in contact with the road through bumps and turns.

If you want the style of the lowered shocks thats cool, but don't expect to be happy with the ride on bad roads.

Originally Posted by AFHuey
Ya, this is my next upgrade. The roads in England put you in corners with wierd bumps. It causes the *** end to feel wierd....and the bike acts funny too. Here's to +1 to a good mod and another +1 to knowing what you feel.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AFHuey
Hi from the UK!

I have True-Track kits on both my Dyna and Glide. If you have any queries PM me.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:36 PM
AFHuey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Ya I'm regretting slamming the *** end. I'm dragging parts all over the place. The shocks are not too bad compared to stock. I have yet to bottom them out. I'm going to buy the TT next paycheck and see if it corrects my issues. If not, then I'll dump the slammers and go for some real shocks. Thanks for the input tho.