Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-Track received and installed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Had mine on Dyna and Glide for over two years and keep going on about them on HDF. Well done on a very smart custom version!

True-Track are site sponsors and may offer members discount. Worth asking them!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Good for you on the install and it looks killer all polished up, of course that back one won't stay that way, lol, the front one is easy enough to get to, and clean up though. I've had mine about 6 months I guess and I've posted different threads on it and all I'm gonna say is either true track gave me the confidence to manuever my bike or it gave my 06 s/b confidence to haul my butt through curves, crappy roads, etc. In other words, we gel..........

Old 07-15-2010, 07:31 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default True Track installed

Some great comments from Users of True Track. So thought I'd take this opportunity to ask an Install Question>>>>
I installed the HD MoCo Oil Cooler on my 09 FXDC.....does that mean I can't put the True Track system up front on my Dyna Super Glide Custom?????

Any comments from True Track aficionados???

GARY

Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming to my Dyna from the sport bike world, I've found it no problem to drag my mid pegs up and down the local roads here in the Berkshires. However, unlike centerline I hate the handles on the Dyna. I find the chassis both un-nerving and nervous acting when leaned over. (The faster you travel the worse it is too, agreed) Maybe his advantage is that Fatbob front tire compared to my 100 90 on the FXDC, I can only guess. All I can tell you is my next dollars are going into the chassis and suspension on this bike!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ggadwa
Some great comments from Users of True Track. So thought I'd take this opportunity to ask an Install Question>>>>
I installed the HD MoCo Oil Cooler on my 09 FXDC.....does that mean I can't put the True Track system up front on my Dyna Super Glide Custom?????

Any comments from True Track aficionados???

GARY
It has been done and someone posted pics of their bike. There are lots of TT posts, so get a long drink and take a browse with search!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 AM
spaceblue
Tourer

Almost forgot, nice job on the polishing and install too btw! Looks great.
Looks to me like True Track is the way to go. Where did you end up buying yours? I've E-mailed Sputh for more info on their products so I could compare them to TT but they didn't reply??.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could actually feel the wobble under several conditions: at extreme high speeds, which for me is a rare occurence because I prefer to ride the 2 lane black top in my area; while rolling over irregular cracks down the center of the lane (like tar snakes, but no tar); rain grooves and of course while hitting the curves hard and fast under increasing throttle in areas where the curve is an irregular radius (suddenly tightens then opens up again). But what bothered me the most was that I could actually feel it during nomal straight-line riding - only slightly, but it was there. I thought it was just me (early signs of Parkinson's?) Now I may be more sensitive to it than others (I design and test medical implants, so I pride myself in having a pretty steady hand), but I wanted to figure out what was causing it.

Since the wobble seemed to be rythmic, I didn't believe it was the frame flexing. Seemed more like it could be a heavy mass moving around in the frame - the engine. I performed a simple experiment: While standing still in neutral, I brought the engine up to what I believe to be between 2000 and 3000 RPM (no tach). With the engine revving steady, I quickly rocked the bike back and forth, then tried to steady it. Well, it took a few seconds for it to settle down, and it never did settle down completely while the engine was revving. I then placed a long-travel dial indicator with a V mag base on the frame with the indicator tip against the side of the motor mount. I then repeated the test I performed earlier. Voila! While rocking the bike, I found that the engine side to side movement leads/lags the motion of the frame quite a bit, and actually is moving back and forth all the time. That's an awful lot of mass to have moving side to side in the frame! I think it's the gyro effect that's causing it, although there could be some flexing of the frame involved too. Not sure. Either way, the True-Track system fixed it.

I purchased it directly from True-Track for the full asking price of $349.00.

Thanks for the comments regarding the polishing job!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 AM
zoopman
Road Master

Wow looks good polished! My bike would feel unstable on the "long high speed curves". On these high speed sweepers it would actually feel like I was riding in a grooved road when I was in reality on a very smooth paved road. The true track has eliminated this feeling of unstableness for me. High speed curves is where the true track shines for me. I never noticed any unstable feel at lower speeds with or without the true track. That's my experiance with the true track. It's worth every penny! What pisses me off is having to buy a device for stability when in my opinion it should already be on the bike when new. Oh well--all is good now!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
oeberg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definately intressted in putting one on my bike as soon as I pick it up in about a month. How hard is it to install, does it require any special tools?

/Fred

Old 07-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zoopman
.... My bike would feel unstable on the "long high speed curves". On these high speed sweepers it would actually feel like I was riding in a grooved road when I was in reality on a very smooth paved road. The true track has eliminated this feeling of unstableness for me. High speed curves is where the true track shines for me. I never noticed any unstable feel at lower speeds with or without the true track.......
I agree with you regarding the "long high speed curves." That's what I feel is the most important improvement I got from the True-Track installation.

BTW, what I was noticing at low speeds I really wouldn't call "instability," just a slight, continuous back and forth motion.

Quick Reply: True-Track received and installed!