Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new grips.....throttle a little sensitive now

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:03 AM
waterman7474
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new grips.....throttle a little sensitive now

just put nostalgics on (love them btw!) this was the first time i have done that and i am afraid that i don't have the cables adjuste corretly.

first, it seems like the throttle is much more sensitive now. by that i mean the grip seems to move more easily, really easy to twist. not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but i/it gets kinda jerky when i ride.

second, the return cable adjustmend is quite a bit different now than where it was when i started. i think i have it set right, it "snaps back with authority" the nut is much further away from the grip now. but is that contributing to the first issue.

i also thing i have the throttle adjusted too tight. you breath on it and it starts the rev and i kinda have to push it forward a little more than snap back to get the idle all the way down.

what am i missing?

thanks for the help
flynn

Old 08-28-2006, 06:44 PM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new grips.....throttle a little sensitive now

Sounds like you need a manual, but...
You have to adjust the throttle cable so there is a little play, not much, when you twist the grip, then adjust the idle cable.
Make sure you feel that when you twist it, the plate hits the stop in the throttle body thens returns to normal.
I don't know if you have a FuelPak, but if you do you'll have to redo the throttle setting.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:37 AM
waterman7474
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was begining to think that i had it too tight. so, i'll try and put a little more play and tighten up the return a little.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention that after you adjust them you should start the bike and move the bars back and forth to hear if the idle increases, if not you're good to go if it does then you have to readjust them.