Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky you live Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lucky you live Hawaii

Specifically for the locals.....
There has been some talk on here about "stealerships" and poor service or substandard workmanship.
Well, here is two thumbs up for our main dealership/regional distributor. Cycle City in Honolulu. When I shipped my Dyna to the mainland for a ride in May, I had to rush to get it into a container. I got it to them at about 11:30 AM and they got right on it. They drained the gas, got it onto a used HD shipping pallet, wrapped it with plastic sheeting, finished the crating, loaded it onto their truck and took it four blocks to the freight forwarder before close of business that day. The total fee, including the crate, was 261 bucks. It arrived in LA on time and in perfect condition. Mucho Mahalos to them.
Plus...their parts department is pretty good...make sure to see Kalani.
Another dealer is South Seas in Waipahu. They have done me right on some minor service items and seem to have it together in the parts department, too. See Ron.
And, just to wallow in an embarrassment of riches, TC at Dominic's in Kaneohe treated me very well when I bought my XR1200 last year. If I had waited ten months, I could have gotten an even better deal, but who knew?
Not gloating, just sayin'....

Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the info. I just crated and shipped my bike home yesterday, it is on its way to Oahu. I am going to get it dyno'd and have other service done at Cycle City in September.

I called them last week and spoke with Evan and he mentioned Bruce Herder(sp) with regard to getting my bike set up properly. I bought the bike in the mainland 3 years ago and will be back home for good in 2 weeks. I was wondering about the quality of the HD service on Oahu, perfect timing on your post for me. Appreciate the heads up. Do you have any experience with their dyno tuning?

Seriously cant wait to get home and get some riding done.

Tom

Last edited by ZeroFiveFour; 07-10-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Woody7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the dealer info, it may come in handy in the future.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser

Nope, I haven't done anything on the dyno, still tinkering with ergonomics, brakes, and suspension. Engine, exhaust, and injection are all stock. I work from the wheels in.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser

I didn't have time to use the roll on, roll off ship operated by PASHA Hawaii. It services the major islands and makes the run to and from San Diego. It's more economical and easier to use than crating and shipping, but it only leaves any given port every three weeks and only goes to San Diego.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:46 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so much for your chrome welcome rust usa

Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser

Well, I don't worry overmuch about chrome, as I'm happily replacing chrome crap with painted parts, raw aluminum, and using SS hardware and fabbing alloy, plastic, and SS items. Hell, I've not washed any of my bikes in several years. Bling ain't my thing.
But, if you worry about it, spray anything vulnerable with Chain Wax chain lube or LPS 3. No rust. Plenty of wiping and degreasing.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My rear bearing blew out yesterday and the bike is sitting at Cycle City as we speak. This is the first time I've taken it to their shop and we'll see how it goes.

Now South Seas Waipahu...different story altogether. I had to launch a formal complaint because it took them 5 weeks or so to complete my 113 build, didn't order all the parts, left the bike out in the humidity and it corroded, etc, etc. It made it to the point of me heading down and saying "if it runs, I'll ride it some place to be finished. If it doesn't, we're putting it in the back of my truck TODAY."

My "deployment gift" of a new engine became "just put the bike together so I can go get it fixed elsewhere."
PLEASE DO NOT TRUST YOUR BIKE TO DAN AND THE GUYS AT SOUTH SEAS WAIPAHU!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rented a bike from Cycle City in 2005, great experience! nice dealer good peoples.

I also went by Dominics, cool place. My Brother in law was stationed up the street at the USMC base there.

man, i will say that environment is hard on chrome and polished parts!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Marinepilot81,

How is the 113 build currently? Sounds like you had a very bad experience with the guys in Waipahu. How does the bike run now? Did you get it sorted out? Who completed the build?

I will eventually do an engine build, perhaps next year. I am very interested in determining my options for the build. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Quick Reply: Lucky you live Hawaii