Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Boss almost got me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:54 AM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Throttle Boss almost got me.

Today I had to make a panic slow down when two cars couldn't decide who's lane it was. I have iso-grip transformers with the throttle boss on my FXDF and when I grabbed the front brake the heel of my hand rolled the boss a little gets your attention!!!!!!!!! let me tell when you expect to be leaning forward into a stop and the body is leaning back because your hand is bumping the boss. Might try running without it a while. LOL Mike

Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

yea those things make me uncomfortable

Old 07-10-2010, 03:34 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We bought what I will call "poor mans' cruise control" while we we in Americaid. My husband put it on his bike and took off down the road and had to break hard when a deer ran in front of him. Took it off as soon as home and put it far, far away. Might use on long trips but I wont be putting mine on the bob.
Not worth the hastle or the risk.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL, I'm sorry but thats not really funny. I have run with the throttle boss for tens of thousands of miles-had more than my share of panic stops, hell I run 100 or better all the time, ( not bragging its something I'm working on-self control). I finally took off the TB just because it wasn't doing anything for me, just looks purty.
You need to always think and look ahead-you absolutely always need to know where and what your hands are doing on the controls of your own motorcycle or you need to either get off the dam thing or take some F*****g riding classes.
I'm sorry if that sounds like I'm not 'empathizing' with your near miss, but you are crying about a throttle assist that thousands of folk use and YOU put on your bike and fat fingered yourself into a tight spot cause you weren't able to deal with a part you installed.
Always be aware of ANY modification you make on your bike and familiarize your self with it and make dam sure you know its there.
You sound like in a panic situation you forgot you had added this little jewel to you throttle grip and almost tanked it, should be a good lesson to you, I'm glad you didn't get hurt.
And unless you all are wondering-I'm not lily white on making stupid mistakes, I have made more than my share so it makes it easy to see somebody else following in my footsteps.
So in conclusion-watch yer ***-PAY ATTENTION!! We are the only ones out there helping each other out so learn from your F ups and move on.
Fatbobmg this is not just at you but its a good reminder for me as well, again, glad you weren't hurt.
I hope you take this in the manner it was intended, but either way-its on you.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Make sure it's adjusted properly, sounds like you have it up too high.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 PM
NickD
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You really don't want anything between your hand and the carb (or that computer EFI thing you guys have now) besides a cable. You also don't want anything between your foot and the rear brakes besides hydraulic fluid (or that ABS thing you guys have now) and you don't want anything between your *** and the rear tire (except that fake hardtail you guys have now). And limp mode? WTF is that?

Other than that rumble on, Bros . . .

Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man some of these guys must have bionic fingers three pages because a guy made a little mistake wow

Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
so you took off the thing you've run for tens of thousands of miles with because it wasn't doing anything for you? Then you berate the OP for posting his experience with it?
LOL. Oh I forgit, its not funny. Yeah, I'm not berating the OP just tellin the way it is, like I said in my post, made plenty of stupid mistakes myself so you and your horse...Oh my bad, that would be cruelty to aminals,
Yeah I took it off, not because it hindered me in any way, I just decided it wasn't doing anything for me, with the extent of use this product gets I would suppose many find it use-full but hell I don't know maybe they just like the way it looks.
At least I offered advise, maybe not the way you might like it but thats like ********, some of us (including you I take it) just are one.
But I forget...YOUR point was?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:14 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Throttle Boss almost got me.