Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaving helmet with bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:41 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My wife and I when we travel generally will leave the helmets on the seat if we're at a reasuarant but some places just give a bad fealling so we sometimes use a lock and lock through the strap ring to whatever. Most times I have a combo type like the clippy type.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the price of your helmet. My Scorpion EX0-200 (3/4) cost me $55. When I'm out riding with that, I hang it on the bike. If I have my EXO-1000 full face that I bought for $280....I bring it with me. I suppose handcuffs would be a good idea and look cool. Yes, someone could cut the chin strap but that would make the helmet useless.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are talking about large events I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone there who wants a helmet rode there with one so why would they want yours? just hang it off the footpeg, mirror or whatever and dont worry about it.

If some douche takes it you can always buy a novelty one for $10 (every event has 1,000 little stands selling them) to get you home.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was just at laconia and no-body walks around with their helmets. Most bikers won't touch another's gear out of mutual respect. I leave my helmets with the bike 99 % of the time and so far so good.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
sevart1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I doubt somebody would want my nasty cheap lid...
Your lid may be nasty and cheap but speak for yourself only friend

Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mk1Racer
Cool idea Chips. I just leave mine on the seat, and if the g/f is along, I leave hers on the sissy bar. But she's about to get the boot, so I won't have to worry about her helmet anymore.
You are a bad, bad boy.
I always leave my helmet - used to be on bars but now that I have my cool highway pegs, I hang them there.
Wait, I carried all my husbands crap for so long that if I ride with him, I can now put them in his SG bags and lock them up if I have to.
Anywhere I go that there are bikes, I don't worry. It's parking at grocery store or some random parking lot that I worry about dummies getting in my stuff.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,168 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Originally Posted by sevart1
Your lid may be nasty and cheap but speak for yourself only friend
Have you smelled the inside of you helmet lately...Friend...I don't wear anybody else's helmet, it is just nasty. Don't know you and i surely wouldn't wear your helmet....I just cleaned mine today when i came home and nobody else will wear it unless they steal it....If i am that worried about a Fuggin helmet i take it with me or lock it in the tourpak...

Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM
dnebout
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring a little packet of salt and sprinkle it into the inside of your lid. Shake it out before you put it back on.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,168 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Originally Posted by dnebout
Bring a little packet of salt and sprinkle it into the inside of your lid. Shake it out before you put it back on.
Looks like???

Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Swede405
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't worry about it with the HD half helmet I use around town, since I doubt anyone but another Harley owner would use it and I trust them not to take it. My full face I use for long trips gets locked up since I'm out of town and it might be of use to a few more people.

Quick Reply: Leaving helmet with bike