Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear signal relocate

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear signal relocate

I wanted to move the signals back to the license bracket but don't like the HD kit. So I got the Easy Brackets signal relo kit from GreatBikeGear.com but not the Easy Brackets since I'm still undecided about running any kind of bag. That meant I needed to pick up some strut recess covers from HD (part #47531-06), a couple of 5/16-18 x 1-1/4" bolts, and chrome acorn nuts from Ace Hardware.

I also wanted to tuck them in closer so I got a couple of the shorty extensions (#69438-06) from Zanotti. I rummaged around in my spare parts bin and found some torx head bolts that fit the signals - I think they are 5/16-18 x 1 3/4". I used the flat washers and lock washers that came with the Great Bike Gear kit on those as well.

Minor issues - the screws that Easy Bracket sends with the relo kit stuck too far inside the fender for my tastes so I re-used the stock ones. On those the end of the screw is flush with the nut when tight so only the nut protrudes inside the fender. After I ran the signal wires and hooked them back up (I pulled the pins from the connector when I removed them so no cut/solder required) I thought they had too much excess as well, so I pulled it back out of the fender, curled it up, and zip tied it to the license plate bracket behind the plate. Invisible. Anyway, one more option for those looking to move their rear signals.

Attached Thumbnails Rear signal relocate-cimg0495.jpg   Rear signal relocate-cimg0496.jpg   Rear signal relocate-cimg0497.jpg   Rear signal relocate-cimg0498.jpg  
Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks Good.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks good! Can you post some close up pics of that kit? I need to do something with my 09 SB but I'm not sure that will work with the sparto tail light.
Thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
Looks good! Can you post some close up pics of that kit? I need to do something with my 09 SB but I'm not sure that will work with the sparto tail light. Thanks
Here's the link to the kit I used http://greatbikegear.pinnaclecart.co...-complete-kit/

I'll be happy to post additional pics if you'll tell me exactly what you'd like to see. The plate bracket uses the same rubber piece as the stock unit (on my bike) - kind of a triangle with a square bottom and three holes. Bracket mounts using the two lower holes and the wires for the signals go through the upper hole. Stock mount uses all three holes and the top screw also attaches a bracket on the inside of the fender used to hold the wires from the stock location signals tight to the fender.

Brake light on mine is unchanged - not sure how that would work with your sparto style light.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Stixman
Cruiser

I used that kit as well.
Once I got the hang of removing the pins from the plug it was a piece of cake.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 PM
spaceblue
Tourer

Gotta admit, that kit looks a s#it load better than the HD equivalent... which unfortunately I have and never cared for. Wonder if it'd be feasible to make the change from the HD kit. Given all the wire cutting and re splicing I had to do to install HD kit, I'd be afraid to open that can of worms.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Like Taddeoeg, I have the Great Bike Gear Turn Signal Relocation Kit For Harley Davidson on my FXD 2003. It is mounted over the lay down license plate holder from VTwin (VT No. 31-3943):

Here's how it looks on my bike:

You'll find all the kits over here: http://www.greatbikegear.com/product...s/eb-TSDNA.htm

Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

looks good man

Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
darren1374
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
Looks good! Can you post some close up pics of that kit? I need to do something with my 09 SB but I'm not sure that will work with the sparto tail light.
Thanks

I just made a bracket from a strip of 10ga and bolted it to the open holes on the license plate bracket. keeps em back out the way of my saddlebags, and cost about $1 to make.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I just received all the parts. Feeling under the fender, its pretty tight to reach the bolts with a wrench. Did you have to remove the rear wheel to get to them? Mine is lowered with 12" shocks so that might be my problem.

I also have the HD relo kit, but the left section had snapped off. This setup looks a lot stronger and cleaner.

Don

Quick Reply: Rear signal relocate