Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may want some chrome

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
needlevictim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nkauf21
Lots of opinions on this subject, just like I thought there would be. I'll probably end up leaving it anyways, don't have the money to drop on parts now anyways but just bored so I've been thinking. Another idea I've been kicking around is powdercoating my outer primary cover gloss black but I don't know if I want to much more gloss. What I really need is another bike so I stop messing with this one!

ye thats the trouble, ive always had something thats been a project, whether it was a car or a bike, its always needed something doing at it to get it the way i want it. i have a small list of what i wana do to my harley, but i know for a fact when that list is done and i have my perfect bike, im gonna be thinkin "what else can i do, what else can i spend a little money on, just for the sake of it". id go with ur instincts and save a little money to buy another project, just keep this harley as it is and ride the f*ck out of it.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I just added some chrome. . . my left mirror went south, wouldn't stay adjusted. Replaced my mirrors with the chrome "Script" teardrop mirrors. Man, these are heavy-duty mirrors. A bit more visible range and solid. Not sure I wanted to pay 100 bucks, but these are not going to rattle out of adjustment, and they do dress up the front end.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nkauf21
I've been thinking a lot lately about adding some chrome to my bike. This is pretty much against how I wanted my bike to look when I first got it but the more I think about it the more I want to do it. I only want to do some on the engine. Basically the HD chrome engine kit. Rocker boxes, cam cover, transmission covers, and outer primary. Everything else will stay black. Am I nuts, do you guys think it would look good or am I messing with something for no reason. Opinions needed and welcomed.
be suttle about it, your bike looks nice, just accent it a little or go all the way. i two toned mine, chrome on black on one side and black on chrome on the other.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Your bike is HOT! The photoshopped one is not an improvement IMHO. Really REALLY like the bags. Nice job.
THANK YOU!.... and I'm flattered if you thought I used Photoshop to do that!... lol there's no Photoshop on my work laptop... that's MS PAINT brutha!

Vic -- it seems the more black I add the further I want to go with it. Even if just the rocker boxes.... that would be an improvement. I'm looking for a balance between chrome and black... and I think in order for it to look balanced there really needs to be more black than chrome because chrome is so... BRIGHT... I guess is the way I'd put it.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
chef andy
Advanced

Chrome is the new black
DO IT!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails I may want some chrome-002.jpg  
Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
THANK YOU!.... and I'm flattered if you thought I used Photoshop to do that!... lol there's no Photoshop on my work laptop... that's MS PAINT brutha!

Vic -- it seems the more black I add the further I want to go with it. Even if just the rocker boxes.... that would be an improvement. I'm looking for a balance between chrome and black... and I think in order for it to look balanced there really needs to be more black than chrome because chrome is so... BRIGHT... I guess is the way I'd put it.
Absolutely. You don't want to just throw things at it. It's good to play with digital images. You can change the color of whatever you want without changing the original image. When you find that happy medium to fit your tastes, you'll have a plan to work from. (If I could only follow my own advice on that one.)

Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 AM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black and chrome is timeless. cant go wrong imo.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

I like chrome.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I like black and chrome! 60 percent of my bikes have been that color scheme and it really speaks to me. It seems to me to say "Hot Rod" and makes me want to ride.