Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any-one ever use this turn signal relocation kit and ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:12 PM
patsfan05488
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any-one ever use this turn signal relocation kit and ....

I was wondering if any-one ever used this kit and if so do they think it is worth the $$$ . Do you know of any cheaper alternatives that might work as well if not better ? It appears that the prior owner of my FXDL put on after market Turn signals. Do you think this will cause any issues during the relocation ?

Heres a link the kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURN-...Q5fAccessories

Heres the bike and the after market directionals

Thanks in advance,

PatsFan

Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I actually ordered the kit and received it but am waiting on the wings. My bike came with the HD relocation kit so did not have the wings (or whatever they are called) so had to order a new set. The HD relocation kit is a piece of crap, the bar is too thin and had snapped off. Plus I didnt like to long bar look. This kit seems to be more robust, and its from easy brackets who make the bag kit as well.

I will add pics once I receive the wings and have it assembled.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:17 AM
mahagowitz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HD one with the lay down plate $80. Never had a problem and I strap everything to 'em. Bars look wimpy but are pretty strong.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:16 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patsfan05488
I was wondering if any-one ever used this kit and if so do they think it is worth the $$$ . Do you know of any cheaper alternatives that might work as well if not better ? It appears that the prior owner of my FXDL put on after market Turn signals. Do you think this will cause any issues during the relocation ?

Heres a link the kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURN-...Q5fAccessories

Heres the bike and the after market directionals

Thanks in advance,

PatsFan
That looks like the kit that I bought. I thought that I was getting all that the photo illustrated, but that photo was deceptive.

The license plate frame did not come with the $100 kit, neither did the turn signals or stems. These kits utilize the stock turn signals/stems and provide a chrome plate to replace the indent left after relocating the stock signals the the new license plate bracket.

It's a nice looking kit and very strong, but they should be more upfront by shading out the parts that aren't included.

I could be wrong and this is an entirely different kit, but is sure looks like the same eye candy that prompted me to buy mine.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

I have the Easy Brackets on my FXD 2003, mounted over the lay down license plate holder from VTwin (VT No. 31-3943):

Here's how it looks on my bike:

Old 07-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Supergo
Cruiser

[QUOTE=patsfan05488;6947304]I was wondering if any-one ever used this kit and if so do they think it is worth the $$$ . Do you know of any cheaper alternatives that might work as well if not better ? It appears that the prior owner of my FXDL put on after market Turn signals. Do you think this will cause any issues during the relocation ?

Its worth the money. Very solid and nice chrome. I had one on my 07 Street Bob. There are many alternatives that are cheaper, but thats what youll get, a cheap looking alternative. Dont hesitate on it. I used the stock turn signals, thats what this was made for, but a little modding and other signals will work, may not look as good though.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Supergo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
That looks like the kit that I bought. I thought that I was getting all that the photo illustrated, but that photo was deceptive.

The license plate frame did not come with the $100 kit, neither did the turn signals or stems. These kits utilize the stock turn signals/stems and provide a chrome plate to replace the indent left after relocating the stock signals the the new license plate bracket.

It's a nice looking kit and very strong, but they should be more upfront by shading out the parts that aren't included.

I could be wrong and this is an entirely different kit, but is sure looks like the same eye candy that prompted me to buy mine.
My kit did not come with the chrome plate holder, Walmart $5. It does not come with the lights or stalks and it tells you that when you order. It also tells you that it doesnt come with plate holder