Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 FXDB is running rich with SERT, anything I can do to correct it myself?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:08 PM
strikerdod
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 FXDB is running rich with SERT, anything I can do to correct it myself?

I bought my 07 FXDB new, and had the dealer install V&H slipons, and new AC with the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner and did a dyno tune. I've been riding it for two years, just got to 10,000 miles and checked the spark plugs, and they're nasty, the bike is running too rich. The dealer last did service a year ago at 3,000 miles, but they never said anything about the bike needing to be retuned. Combined MPG has always been around 37-40 at best, so I'm sure it's not running with an optimal tune.

Short story is the stealer wants $550+ to do another dyno tune. I'd rather remove the upgraded AC and put back the stock AC before I spend that kind of money for a job that wasn't done right to begin with. Can I use the SERT software to restore the stock tune? If not, can I swap the SERT for something like a powercommmander, or something else that is more user friendly?

Old 07-02-2010, 02:03 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure there is a way to get what you need to reprogram SERT, but it is probably going to be cheaper to buy a PC or a different tuner that is more user friendly and less dealer and MOCO friendly if you get my drift.

Hopefully someone on here has the software and can help you out, I haven't seen many that have it though.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by strikerdod
I bought my 07 FXDB new, and had the dealer install V&H slipons, and new AC with the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner and did a dyno tune. I've been riding it for two years, just got to 10,000 miles and checked the spark plugs, and they're nasty, the bike is running too rich. The dealer last did service a year ago at 3,000 miles, but they never said anything about the bike needing to be retuned. Combined MPG has always been around 37-40 at best, so I'm sure it's not running with an optimal tune.

Short story is the stealer wants $550+ to do another dyno tune. I'd rather remove the upgraded AC and put back the stock AC before I spend that kind of money for a job that wasn't done right to begin with. Can I use the SERT software to restore the stock tune? If not, can I swap the SERT for something like a powercommmander, or something else that is more user friendly?

1) How is it running?

2) Spark Plugs are cheap.

3) Mid 30's for MPG isn't all that bad if it's driven in town a lot.

4) I'd rather have mine running rich than lean.

You got a ton of bread tied up in your current tune. Unless it's running like ****, why bother with it? What's the point? To get another 3 or 4 MPG IF you're lucky and save $3.95 per spark plug every 10,000 miles?