Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap, Lost Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was wondering about this after first time I took it off - seems like an odd design, other than leaving you the ability to check fuses on the side of the road w/o need a wrench...but some thumbscrews or something would be a better idea. Plus I hate having easily removed parts on my bike since I have to park in a public garage - just invites trouble

Old 07-01-2010, 10:19 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Prodriverdon
I have one that was a new take off. It is in the box. I promised it to JRK but if he says you can have it, you can have it for free plus shipping.Its off my 2006 FXDBI. Get in touch with Joe.......
Thanks, I'll send him a message.
CB

Old 07-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, P/M sent to you. It will be in the post office on Saturday. Glad to help.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by Prodriverdon
Chris, P/M sent to you. It will be in the post office on Saturday. Glad to help.
It is hard to express my gratitude, but I really do appreciate it. This is the second time a forum member has helped me out and it is greatly appreciated, this board rocks and I hope I can return the favor in the future.
CB

Old 07-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

Its what this Forum is all about. I sent it to you today, check your P/M. It has the USPS tracking #..

Old 07-03-2010, 12:57 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Kind of strange that it came off ... first time I've heard of it myself ....

The electrical 'caddy' protrudes about an inch and a half or so into the cover itself in addition to the rubber grommets that 'keep' the pins in place ....

Seems to me there would have to be quite a bit of lateral force for it to come off ... or be rather loose fitting ....

I don't think there's a 'snowballs chance in he11' mine would just fall off ....

Just sayin'

Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Kind of strange that it came off ... first time I've heard of it myself ....

The electrical 'caddy' protrudes about an inch and a half or so into the cover itself in addition to the rubber grommets that 'keep' the pins in place ....

Seems to me there would have to be quite a bit of lateral force for it to come off ... or be rather loose fitting ....

I don't think there's a 'snowballs chance in he11' mine would just fall off ....

Just sayin'
I found the front grommet had a small split and on the inside of the grommet the ridge that retains the pin had small pieces torn off. All I know, is it was there when I last filled up with gas, it was dark when I got home, I parked in the garage and the next day I find it missing??? I am only speculating on how I lost it, I did not see or hear it fall off and I never left my bike unattended on the last leg of our trip. It was extremely windy and if a little wind got under the cover and with the torn grommet it made sense too me that it could have easily popper off. Probably my fault for not checking the grommet, the cover seemed to fit tight but as long as I have owned it it never sat perfectly flush to the fuse panel, just thought that was the way it was. When I get the new one, I'll find out how it fits with the new grommets.
CB

CB

Old 02-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Resurrecting this thread...

Had my fuse cover fall off a couple of days ago too. Luckily I was going slow down a country lane and heard it fall.

It was a bit battered but nothing that wasn't easily knocked out and covered with a rattle-can of silk black paint.

Only thing that might have contributed was that I did spray a bit of WD40 inside to keep the damp out at the start of winter and this may have lubricated the grommets, making the cover's studs a slightly less firm grip.

I cleaned up the studs and grommets with some degreaser and the cover is now as firm as it ever was - which aint that firm really.

I'm going to see what I can do to fit some kind of catch or other fixing. Any suggestions?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 AM
daBreeze
Tourer

Yea it does suck, ticks meoff- i lost my battery cover about a month ago and Ill be damned if i can figure out how it came off without me knowing it. Really shitty design on it too. Good to hear someone on the forum hooked you up!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

I never thought much about it falling off but when my brother told me someone stold his valve caps and ends off his hand grips what's next.

Quick Reply: Crap, Lost Cover