Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True track vs. Alloy art stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:08 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=grbrown;6929783 I have True-Track kits on both my Dyna and Glide ... because they introduced them. The other brands seem to have jumped on the band wagon!
[/quote]

You can also claim that others improved on the concept, others are smaller more compact, perhaps better implemented. Being first doesn't always mean the best, although the TT does function well.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:18 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 449 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
They all set out to achieve the same thing, as spaceblue said. The engine/transmission/rear-wheel assembly is rubber mounted in the frame and these stabilizers allow the engine to vibrate vertically while providing lateral stability to the rubber mounts. The bike rides better in so many ways it is frustrating Harley don't include them in the original build.

I have True-Track kits on both my Dyna and Glide and they are transformed. I bought them before they started sponsoring HDF and because they introduced them. The other brands seem to have jumped on the band wagon!

While the photo above shoes 'patent pending' I believe they have now been awarded a patent.
Alan Sputhe jumped on the Harley bandwagon back in 1973. He first offered Dyna aluminum swingarms in 2002 and made his first stabilizers in 2005. I think I've had mine for at least 4 years now; just replaced a couple of the hiem joints on my recent chassis alignment; wouldn't hesitate to put 'em on my next bike (if there is a next bike.....)
I'm sure, from all reports here, that the sponsers product is as good.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
C-Cat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i actually called sputhe first and got no answer after a few try's, so i called true trac and ordered. allan sputhe did call be back a couple of later and i thought that was cool, however my true trac was already shipped.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:22 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

The true track works to perfection. That Rube Goldberg alloy art thing looks strange. The front true-track will fit under a Rick Doss front spoiler. I have one.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the alloy art looks killer !! Just want more real world feedback. Also does the front true track work with HD oil cooler?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:18 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by creep1
I think the alloy art looks killer !! Just want more real world feedback. Also does the front true track work with HD oil cooler?
I think the alloy art may interfere with the typical jack, but I could be mistaken there. There was some technical or fitment reason I couldn't go with it last summer besides the cost.

You have to modify the cooler bracket (bending I think) or fabricate a new one as mentioned in the thread below.

The Sputhe version is smaller and I think easier to fit with a cooler. I ground a bit off of the edges of the oil cooler bracket for clearance with the stabilizer helm joint, added a 7/16 inch spacer that pushed the cooler bracket away from the stabilizer, and used longer motor mount bolts. I also put a spacer under the front cooler bolt so the cooler would not look like its sticking out like a sore thumb. Alan Sputhe said there would not be a strength problem with the minor amount of grinding I did and I have about 8000 miles on the setup without issue.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...il-cooler.html

Old 06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear the TT works to perfection on your bike, but I've heard of many instances, some well documented on this board, where it didn't due to increased vibration.

Originally Posted by truckerdave
The true track works to perfection. That Rube Goldberg alloy art thing looks strange. The front true-track will fit under a Rick Doss front spoiler. I have one.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

either way... i need one or the other BAD!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:01 PM
plumbertom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't make any comparison for you, all I can offer is testimonial.
I have the Sputhe on my '09 FXD and consider it the best modification I've done for handling.
It was easy to install took less that a couple of hours, only took as long as it did because I had to remove a muffler to changer the bolts on the rear.
I emailed Sputhe about a concern and got a very quick response from Alan Sputhe along with an explanation for my concern. So I think they have good customer support for a small business.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well dr. do you think that because obviously you were not hired, and that seems to be good for us, it appears you are doing great at what you are doing now

Quick Reply: True track vs. Alloy art stabilizer