Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV/AutoTune/Aux lights... is there enough room under the Dyna's seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010 | 02:11 PM
trapper_canada
|
Cruiser
Default PCV/AutoTune/Aux lights... is there enough room under the Dyna's seat?

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out if I have enough room for PCV Auto-tune and am wondering if anyone else was able to fit everything under their seat.

My big problem is that I have hooked up a set of Aux Running lights (69462-06A) and they filled up the space under the seat a bit.

I then put the PCV in there... it was really tight but it fit. I didn't do a great job of moving stuff around to get maximum space...

Now...as far as I know the AutoTune modules are also supposed to go under the seat. I am not sure I can make that work.

Does anyone else here have the Auto Tune/PCV / Aux Light kit installed? Is their theoretically enough room?

Is there any other place to 'hide' some of this stuff?

thanks!

Old 06-28-2010 | 02:40 AM
LownBlue
Cruiser

Yes, there is room under the seat. It is a whole lot easier to arrange the electronics if you take the battery box out while you are installing everything. Everything is visible when the battery box is removed and you can route the wires more efficiently. You don't want to pinch any wires accidentally which is easy to do if you are stuffing wires and components in from the top.

Old 06-28-2010 | 04:36 AM
mikeault
Tourer

I thought the unit got installed under the stock ecm vs under the seat?
My pc is ordered, but my hands aren't on it yet.

Old 06-28-2010 | 06:38 PM
a34655
Cruiser

The Autotune modules go under the side cover where your fuse panel is. One module gets velcroed to the front of the turn signal module/alarm module, the other auto tune module goes next to the ecm. Neither goes under the seat. There is just a cable that connects the Autotune to the PCV so as long as you have enough room for a little more wire under your seat you should be good to go. Im not sure how big the Aux light kit is but I have the PCV, 2 extra fuse holders, a piezo siren for my alarm and the run/stop/turn signal module all neatly tucked under my seat.

Old 06-29-2010 | 11:51 AM
trapper_canada
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by a34655
The Autotune modules go under the side cover where your fuse panel is. One module gets velcroed to the front of the turn signal module/alarm module, the other auto tune module goes next to the ecm. Neither goes under the seat. There is just a cable that connects the Autotune to the PCV so as long as you have enough room for a little more wire under your seat you should be good to go. Im not sure how big the Aux light kit is but I have the PCV, 2 extra fuse holders, a piezo siren for my alarm and the run/stop/turn signal module all neatly tucked under my seat.
Really? Then I think there shouldn't be a problem. I thought I had seen a picture with all the components under the seat.

Old 06-30-2010 | 05:34 PM
a34655
Cruiser

Really? Then I think there shouldn't be a problem. I thought I had seen a picture with all the components under the seat.
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo.../eng15-005.pdf

This is a link to the install directions for the PCV and Autotune, one of the last pages has a picture of the modules installed under the fuse panel side cover. Thats where mine are, its a tight fit but it will go in.

Old 06-30-2010 | 09:39 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by trapper_canada
Hi guys,

My big problem is that I have hooked up a set of Aux Running lights (69462-06A) and they filled up the space under the seat a bit.
Easy solution - install the Aux Running Lights to your forks or lower triple tree instead of under your seat. Hahaha