Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward control levers swap, '10 WG

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 PM
PGDredd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forward control levers swap, '10 WG

Hey guys, I ordered the black slotted shift and brake levers with the black tribal shift peg and brake pedal pad for my '10 FXDWG. Everything but the brake pedal pad is here or due to show up today, so I am going to attempt putting this stuff on.

Is there any trick to getting the stock levers off? Looks like the brake side mostly consists of removing the footpeg and undo'ing an allen on the back side of where the pedal rotates?

Have not looked at the shifter side very closely yet......can't imagine these things are hard, just have not done them before and was hoping someone would have some tips for me...........thanks!!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
PGDredd
Banned

Oh yeah, since I was informed 2 days after I bought it that the black tribal brake pedal pad was on backorder, I've gotta used my stock one till it shows up......does the stock one just slip off the stock brake pedal?

If so, is it even reusable, or should I just wait for the new one to get here....it could be on backorder for a week or more, and I'm pretty impatient when it comes to putting new toys on the bike!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
PGDredd
Banned

Come on guys, 25 looks and nothing? LOl

Actually, I went out and looked to find the shift lever is rediculously easy......as soon as it shows up it'll go on (UPS tracking says en route to my house today).

Brake lever looks like you just put a rag over the footpeg mount, ad wrench, add tq, and turn it off, then remove pin from bottom of lever and it comes off.

Anyone know if removing that stock pad from the brake lever will ruin it? I'd hate to take it off and have it not be usable for the new lever till the new pad comes in......