Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dyno Results

Be sure to post your results...that's the same setup basically that I'm running. I have the K&N filter for the SE backing plate.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Point of interest. My tuner said the bike before mine had short pipes and he had a really hard time getting the tune right. He thinks the short pipes are allowing fresh air back in the cylinders.Apparentlly the longer pipes have enough scavenging effect to keep this from happening during valve overlap. Once he got it right,though the bike ran fine.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TOMMAY,
Thanks for the info, I will take that and ask about it.
I will post the results as soon as I get them.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Our Shortshots have a built-in muffler under the shields, so I'm thinking it will be alright.

I also have the quiet (not really) baffles, which boosted my bottom end over the stock straight through baffles they came with so I'm sure it won't be a problem.

If they were just straight drag pipes that short, then it'd be a different story.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Forgot to mention...a member on here has Shortshots and managed to get 79HP.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have long pipes and I got more HP, I don't get it..... I have VH straight shot HS, PCIII , SE air and I got 80.59 HP and 85.34 torque

Donnie

Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Pretty impressive numbers.

Most everybody probably knows more about this than I do,but a coupla things I can think of. My guy likes to tune to 13.0 a/f,maybe tuning to 14.0 gets a more power at the risk of running too lean if you go to a more open air filter. Also,it was almost a hundred degrees in the dyno room on the last run.

I'm happy,bike runs cool and fast, gas mileage is still pretty good,about 35 around town in constant stop and go traffic at speeds of 45 or less.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 AM
MountainBob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

Had my dyno tune done a coupla weeks ago but his printer was down and I just had time today and go back and get the print out.

power and torque

Tommay,
I did a post a couple weeks back with the results of my Dyno. I had just had Samson Street Sweepers, SERT and SE I, put on my 06 Bob, and was surprised at the results.
The Baseline was: Max Pwr = 61.47 Max Torque = 67.13
After the add ons were installed: Max Pwr - 63.08 and Max Torque = 70.33

Today, picked up the stock equipment and SERT interface from the dealer and asked the wrench why the numbers would be so low comparative to what I see posted on this forum. The answer, as I had somewhat suspected, had to do with our altitude at 6,500 ft and the ambient temp at 97 degrees on the day of the testing. Does this make sense to those of you who know alot more about EFI than I ever will?
Thanks, LW

06 StreetBob, Black Cherry
SERT
SE I/AC
Samson Street Sweepers, BG3

Old 08-25-2006, 05:29 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

LW, It's my thinking that the differences in the dyno readings don't have a whole lot to do with the EFI. If you parked all our bikes side by side on a given day and we were all equiped about the same then I suspect that you woudn't see more than a horsepower or two or more than a footpound or two difference in our dyno sheets.

There's no way that there can be a swing from sixty three horsepower to eighty five horse power in what is basically the same bike with the same mods. Air temp,humidity,altitude can make a difference,but not that much. Every tuner wants to show you an increase in performance on your dyno sheet,but what's most important to us is the real seat of the pants performance. I imagine there is a lot of latitude in the computers that the tuner uses to make a difference in what is printed out on the dyno sheets.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The air temp. and humidity has a lot to do with what your final numbers are also. Cooler air and low humidity means a better A/F mixture so your numbers would be better than a hot and humid day. That's why at the dragstrip you see cars with bags of ice on top the intakes cooling them off.

After you have your bike setup correctly, if you were to take it for a dyno run first thing in the morning after sitting all night your numbers should be higher than when it was tuned. Every bike is a little different.

When I took my bike in to have a jet kit installed they put in the size jets they normally use for a stage I. My bike ran real rich. So I had them dyno tune it, took an hour and 1/2 and it runs great now. One guy there thinks my tappered slip-ons are keeping the HP down a little or I would have over 70 from what he has done in the past. Ended up with 69HP and 77 TQ and get 47 mpg on the highway.

Ness Big Sucker AC
Cycle Shack tapered slip-ons
Yost Power tube

[IMG]local://upfiles/4468/C0D2DDA124E54EE2B80CB62EC297D065.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Dyno Results