Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Palm Thingy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle Palm Thingy

After years of martial arts, racing dirt bikes, palying the drums, and working as a massage therapist, my writsts don't stand a chance and the throttle hand numbs up pretty fast. I've seen a few ads for slip-on palm throttle flap thingies but have not seen any in use.

Do they work?
Any preferred models?
Any crappy ones to avoid?

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Palm Thingy

I have the same problem bro....I've used a number of them, including the Kury throttle boss, universal throttle boss, and the Throttle rocker. I've found that the Throttle rocker is probably the best one. It's certainly the biggest and provides the best contact area for your palm to rest. And it only cost like 10 bucks. I really use it quite often, as my fingers tend to numb up quicker than others. I say go for it. What the hell...it's only 10 bucks...I don't think you'll regret it.

Todd

Old 08-23-2006, 02:14 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on the Throttle Rocker. Had it for years on the Sportster. My only problem is I am usually varying my speed so much that I don't use it alot, so I haven't put one on the dyna. I did add a Throttle Mate, though, for the highways. Gives me a chance to shake out my right arm without losing speed.

Throttle Mate

Edit: If you want, I can send you my Throttle Rocker....send a PM with your address

Old 08-23-2006, 02:18 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: harleyxlc

+1 on the Throttle Rocker. Had it for years on the Sportster. My only problem is I am usually varying my speed so much that I don't use it alot, so I haven't put one on the dyna. I did add a Throttle Mate, though, for the highways. Gives me a chance to shake out my right arm without losing speed.

Throttle Mate

Edit: If you want, I can send you my Throttle Rocker....send a PM with your address
How was the install on the trottle mate? I've been thinking about getting one of those for a while. I was surprised that they cost close to 100 bucks.
At the same time, I'm really tired of trying to turn that stupid stock wheel adjuster when I'm on the highway.

Todd

Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
fmbeach
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WebSite shows $12.95 .....?

Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, $12.95. It just covers the little wheell thingy and sticks out so you can use your thumb to move it.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: harleyxlc

I did add a Throttle Mate, though, for the highways. Gives me a chance to shake out my right arm without losing speed.

Throttle Mate

Thanks for the offer and the heads up on the Throttle Mate! I'll give it a try. Ordered it. $12.95 + $1.50 shipping. My right arm thanks you!

Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: fmbeach

WebSite shows $12.95 .....?
Yeah..sorry bout that...I was thinkin of another one I saw in a magazine...was like 85 - 90 bucks...

Todd

Old 08-23-2006, 06:38 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

throttle rockers are a must when iam riding for awhile.i only use them when my hands start to numb.if they dont i just keep them in my saddles.take 2 seconds to put on and take off.would recommend.thier 8.99 at the stealers

Old 08-23-2006, 07:45 PM
phreak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the 3rd or 4th??

Put that Throttle Mate on there and you won't be sorry! I've been using one phor years.

Quick Reply: Throttle Palm Thingy