Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'10 WG Death Wobble.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:55 AM
N-gin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See if the bars are flexing .
Hold the bars closer to the tripple and see if it goes away.
if it does go thicker

Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Fork oil? Imbalanced, improperly filled? Ya never know.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 AM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I've found after riding with the apes a while. Believe it or not, the ear plug idea works. As does loosening the grip of the left control. It seems, as I said in my first few posts that its mainly due to bar flex, and rider position. With aped we're sitting straight up instead of hunched over. I've gotten used to them and the wobble is gone. Imagine that... the poly bushings helped quite a bit with the play. I no longer have an issue, and can now break 75-80 mph with no worry of wobble. As for my local shop being retards, not quite. As i said they do stand behind the true track, and say it does help stability and wobble, but not this wobble. This is a pretty reputable shop. They know their stuff pretty well. I thank everyone for their input on this, I hope it helps the open, as well as others.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:26 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,430 Posts

Great to hear you've solved your problem! Well done.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:23 AM
zss42002
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

w g junkie how bad was the wobble?? like i said previously i only got the wobble when i put the bars on i didnt change any fork oil or anything all i did was put the bars on and around town under 65 it rides perfect. on the highway around 70 is starts to wobble left and right have have changed positions like slouching forward sitting up moving towards the rear wheel and towards the front tank lossen my grip on each arm and the wobble doesnt go away what can it be?? i am lost.

again in only started happening when i put the bars on never did it with the stock drag bars.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by W G Junkie
Here's what I've found after riding with the apes a while. Believe it or not, the ear plug idea works. As does loosening the grip of the left control. It seems, as I said in my first few posts that its mainly due to bar flex, and rider position. With aped we're sitting straight up instead of hunched over. I've gotten used to them and the wobble is gone. Imagine that... the poly bushings helped quite a bit with the play. I no longer have an issue, and can now break 75-80 mph with no worry of wobble. As for my local shop being retards, not quite. As i said they do stand behind the true track, and say it does help stability and wobble, but not this wobble. This is a pretty reputable shop. They know their stuff pretty well. I thank everyone for their input on this, I hope it helps the open, as well as others.
The 'rider position' kinda makes sense. Kinda like when you hook your trailer up to your pickemup, if you don't have enough weight on the tongue of the trailer, it's gonna fish-tail all over the road. On a bike, if there's not enough weight on the front end, it wobbles??

Maybe my thinking is warped but that's what's in my brain.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Grendel4
The 'rider position' kinda makes sense. Kinda like when you hook your trailer up to your pickemup, if you don't have enough weight on the tongue of the trailer, it's gonna fish-tail all over the road. On a bike, if there's not enough weight on the front end, it wobbles??

Maybe my thinking is warped but that's what's in my brain.
You are on the right track. High bars turn the rider into a sail at speed. He grips the bars tight, against the wind, which as it buffets him makes his arms move the bars. Hence a wobble. One solution is to not fit high bars such as ape-hangers, or not go very fast!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
W G Junkie
Tourer

I
Originally Posted by grbrown
You are on the right track. High bars turn the rider into a sail at speed. He grips the bars tight, against the wind, which as it buffets him makes his arms move the bars. Hence a wobble. One solution is to not fit high bars such as ape-hangers, or not go very fast!

Exactly what I think. Zss, same as you, only changed bars and riser. Nothing else. I'd start wobbling bout 75mph. Be easy and you'll get used to it. Polyurethane bushings seemed to help too.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Supergo
Cruiser

I get that wobble if I put my heals on the pegs for cruising, as soon as I put my feet on the pegs in the normal riding position it stops.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Dynamic
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your arm is essentially a long cylinder and when fluid (wind) passes a cylinder, the cylinder induces turbulence on the lee side. If you have a long sleeve shirt or a jacket on, the flapping of that material likely amplifies the turbulence. Hold speed and pull your left arm in against your chest. See if that breaks the resonance between the left and right side.

Quick Reply: '10 WG Death Wobble.....