Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'10 WG Death Wobble.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:15 PM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bars are standard 1" diameter, 16" bars, nothing special. However I do think the length allows some flex/vibration.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:26 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The OP said he began experiencing the wobble after changing to mini apes and the fly screen. These do not sound like extreme mods, enough to cause a "death wobble" at only 65 MPH. If he said it happened at speeds approaching 100 MPH, yeah maybe but at only 65 something sounds wrong.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
Bring it straight back to the dealer for inspection , your life depends on it !
Exactly my thoughts It a 10 and under warranty. it wont cost you a dime, however if you skin your hide that might cost you a poound of flesh. How much is that?
That being said I had a 04 sportster that had a detachable windshield with the windshield on between 70 and 80 if you hit a little bump on the road that S-O-B would scare the hell out of anyone. If you took off the surfboard windshield you could hit 120mph and no problem at all. Try taking the windshield off. it would be my 1st choice.

Last edited by hardwork2; 06-17-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM
joe1984
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get a wobble around 65 - 70 MPH also, This is not a constant issue it is intermittent. The only mods to the bike are pipes, a/c, tuner. I dont know but i would like to see where this goes.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM
scottyd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

a buddy of mine had the same problem with his Softail, ended being the steering stem nut needed torqued,.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
FIDDY3
Cruiser

Wow, seems like I started one heck of a topic here. To answer a few of the questions people posted in no particular order here goes. My bars are 10" mini apes, 1/4 diameter. I have checked the tire pressure, which is Nitrogen and shouldnt have much fluctuation anyway. GaryVong and WGjunkie, its interesting that you guys and I are experiencing the same exact issue. I have removed the screen, but havent ridden it yet to find out if that helps. For sure when I pull back on the bars it quits, and for sure when it happens and I let go with my left hand it quits. I talked to the dealer today and they cant get to it till next week. Im not messin with anything, its a '10, I shouldnt have to, and wouldnt risk messin with my warranty. Ill experiment with the small stuff, but Im not going to start messing with bolt torques and all that, Ill leave it to them!

Thanks boys,
jaison

Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 208 Likes on 142 Posts

I had a wobble around 70 and it also went away around 80. I had added 14" bars, windscreen, bags and lowered it to 11". So not sure which combination caused it. I had the dealer check the front end, and they said the head screw (?) was a little loose and that seemed to help a bit, and increasing the tire pressure.

I then added the front brace and progressive front drop ins, with little effect. I added the tru track, and it did go away unless in high speed corners. Also, added better shocks, but the problem had been settled with the ttracks and the new shocks just made it a better ride.

Good luck,
Don

Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
joe1984
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DonN
I had a wobble around 70 and it also went away around 80. I had added 14" bars, windscreen, bags and lowered it to 11". So not sure which combination caused it. I had the dealer check the front end, and they said the head screw (?) was a little loose and that seemed to help a bit, and increasing the tire pressure.

I then added the front brace and progressive front drop ins, with little effect. I added the tru track, and it did go away unless in high speed corners. Also, added better shocks, but the problem had been settled with the ttracks and the new shocks just made it a better ride.

Good luck,
Don
Thats alot of parts you have had to add on a new scoot! I just dont believe in that stuff. I understand some things but not that. Spend all this $$$ on a new scoot, and then you have to drop even more cash to make it ride the way it is supposed to. Not knocking you in any way bro. I am against the MOCO!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:23 PM
FIDDY3
Cruiser

I agree with you Joe. Im all for adding things that are performance enhancers, visual enhancers, etc. But to have to bolt all that on to have a bike feel stable is a little much. I am interested in the true track I keep hearing so much about though.

Jaison

Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default True Track

Can I get a TRUE TRACK up in here!! Do it and fugettaboutit!!!

Quick Reply: '10 WG Death Wobble.....