Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Papa Bear
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Forward Controls

I have a 2007 FXDC with standard mid-controls and a set of highway pegs ....... I now find myself preferring the forward position and I'm now thinking of switching to a set of forward controls.

I guess there are many out there who have gone the same route. Can I please get some opinions on whether this was a good move, is it best to go with H-D (or Kuryakin for example) and maybe some idea of ease of fitting - I will be doing this mod myself ?

Cheers

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 AM
jcopel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read Post #6 from WS6 Formula in this thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...d-control.html
That's exactly what I did.
Simple job.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

First time this topic has ever been brought up. Hopefully someone has an answer, we are all curious.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2007 FXDC bought it new with mid controls on it and put on the highway pegs and that was all i had to do to tell myself i needed forward controls.

I picked up a pair of forwards off this site for a great price they were HD controls. I left the primary shifter shaft in places and had the controls on in less than an hour and put a chrome cap over the shift shaft been that way for long time.

I thought i needed longer forwards so i bought a set of extensions off here 3 inch put them on road down the high way once took them back off and sold them on here for what i paid it was just to long. Iam 6ft one with 34 length pants and the standard forwards are very comfortable for me.

If you leave the shifter shaft in and just add the forward controls its a quick and painless job. If you take out the shaft its more work and dealer will rake you for about $4oo bucks in labor so leave it in and then if you don't like the forwards it would not take you but cpl min to change back to the mids and sell off the forwards.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
jim425
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say my higway pegs were more comfortable than the forwards because they were slightly more forward and higher. That being said, I went with forwards so that I'd have brakes/gears in the forward position. I do think I"m going to put my mid pegs back to do what others have suggested...have more than one foot position.

I went with HD forwards because I pieced together the fat bob forwards, so I could match the wrinkle finish of my passenger pegs.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:36 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I put the Kury forwards on mine and its a very easy install. I find them more comfortable than my highway pegs were but I also added heel rests at the same time so it could be because of those.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
NOZEM
Road Warrior

I put Kury's extended fwds on my 05FDXCI very comfortable now!!! I don't know what your inseam is, just keep that measurement in mind when you purchase(standard or extended) I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I have the extended fwds. I also left the original shifter shaft sticking out of the primary (kury comes with a chrome cap) The actual mod is very easy and takes about an hour max. Good luck.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Papa Bear
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately jcopel's link did not work (on my pc). Any further opinions/fitting instructions very much appreciated.
Thanks

Old 06-14-2010, 11:33 PM
jcopel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately jcopel's link did not work (on my pc). Any further opinions/fitting instructions very much appreciated.
Thanks
Sorry about that. Hell, it didn't work on mine either when I just tried it.
Try this
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...d-control.html
Post #6 gives part numbers, etc. If you go with the older controls, you have to replace the shifter rod, becuse the stock one is too short. But after seeing this one versus the stock linkage, you'll be real glad you did. Also, as someone else said, this one looks better because it is more level. And I don't have any trouble finding neutral.
Good luck with it. I love 'em.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NOZEM
I put Kury's extended fwds on my 05FDXCI very comfortable now!!! I don't know what your inseam is, just keep that measurement in mind when you purchase(standard or extended) I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I have the extended fwds. I also left the original shifter shaft sticking out of the primary (kury comes with a chrome cap) The actual mod is very easy and takes about an hour max. Good luck.
That's what I did, same forwards and same inseam on a '07 FXD.