Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking To Make A Change?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010 | 05:20 PM
american classic
|
Novice
Default Looking To Make A Change?

I had been riding a Heritage Softail Classic and totalled it. Came out with a fractured ankle and lots of bruises, but ready to get back in the saddle. I really liked that bike but love the looks of the Dynas...specifically the Super Glide and Wide Glide. I ride about 80% of the time under 300 miles in a day, but want to be able to cross country if I want to. I'm 6'0" and 225lbs, so that's a consideration. Anyone out here been in the same boat or willing to help a guy out with some feedback on their Dynas? I love the less is more Super Glide and the power to weight versus my dead bagger, knowing I can put on bags if needed for a trip. I really appreciate your time!!

Old 06-11-2010 | 05:52 PM
ronny c.
Tourer

i put the sundowner solo on mine, now im only limited by how much gas is in the tank. there is noticably more power on a dyna also. im the same height and weight as you, youll need the forward controls installed b4 you even leave the dealer, but with them youll have more leg room then any other harley.

Old 06-11-2010 | 05:57 PM
plumbertom
Tourer

Super Glides are able tourers, you'll just need to upgrade the rear shocks. With your height I would think your gonna want forward controls and some modification to the bars.
There is a good selection of seats available for them from HD and more aftermarket.
New TC98s are pigs until you replace the stock mufflers and A/C.
Modified fuel management helps also.
I also recommend you read up on Dyna high speed instability and the cure for it.
Sputh Engineering has a good bit of information, True-Track also. There are also less expensive improvements that you can do before going to the chassis stabilizer.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Super Glide.
I've just had to make some minor changes for it to suit me personally.
Some info, https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...tabilizer.html

Old 06-11-2010 | 06:45 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

I'm 6'2'' and I ride a 2007 Wide Glide . Any Dyna will fit you fine . I have a 36" inseam and I can ride with mids , as long as there are highway pegs . Forwards are great though . IMO , if you get a super glide , a new set of handlebars will be the most comfortable upgrade you could do . Any Dyna will be a great ride . Just find the one that speaks to you the most .

Old 06-11-2010 | 06:57 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by american classic
I had been riding a Heritage Softail Classic and totalled it. Came out with a fractured ankle and lots of bruises, but ready to get back in the saddle. I really liked that bike but love the looks of the Dynas...specifically the Super Glide and Wide Glide. I ride about 80% of the time under 300 miles in a day, but want to be able to cross country if I want to. I'm 6'0" and 225lbs, so that's a consideration. Anyone out here been in the same boat or willing to help a guy out with some feedback on their Dynas? I love the less is more Super Glide and the power to weight versus my dead bagger, knowing I can put on bags if needed for a trip. I really appreciate your time!!
I have 99+k on my 02 wideglide and have ridden cross country several times. I put on Progressive 1/2" longer than stock shocks and it rides way nice and with a shield, bags, t-bag and jack's flaps I can cruise all day in comfort. Pull all the stuff off and I have a real nice bar hopper. I have the forward controls but also a set of mids so I can change foot positions on a long putt

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:11 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Default Dyna bagger

Originally Posted by american classic
I had been riding a Heritage Softail Classic and totalled it. Came out with a fractured ankle and lots of bruises, but ready to get back in the saddle. I really liked that bike but love the looks of the Dynas...I love the less is more Super Glide and the power to weight versus my dead bagger, knowing I can put on bags if needed for a trip...
You're lucky to walk away from that one.

You will notice more vibration on the Glide as it doesn't have the counter-balance. Might want to rent one for a day before you decide.

I use the q/r w/s and t/o saddlebags all the time.

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:44 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

I have no experience with the WG, but the FXD is an extremely versatile bike. It's not the best at riding ther interstate all day, but it's capable there. I think the Dyna really shines on two lane highways and backroads though. It can haul a lot of gear if you set it up right, and it can handle two up very well as long as you don't have oversize passengers. Mine is a workhorse and does a little bit of everything.

Old 06-11-2010 | 08:33 PM
U-234
Road Warrior

Dynas can be made to go touring. I know, I got a little carried away with the touring look.

Old 06-11-2010 | 10:08 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

---------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:13 PM
american classic
|
Novice

Thanks for your help. This high speed instability thing has me a little leery to say the least. Dang...thought I had found the model of choice, but now I'm a little confused!

Quick Reply: Looking To Make A Change?