Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking To Make A Change?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010 | 11:33 AM
plumbertom
Tourer

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
... just the way a Dyna rides .... I guess maybe its just something that most riders accept and make an allowance for maybe ...? What do you say ...?

But, all that said ... I think your point is that it is a correctible fault ... most others who have posted are saying it is not enough of a fault to dissuade someone from buying and enjoying the he11 out of a Dyna for around town ... and for the longer hauls ....

R/
'Chop
I think you it it squarely with that statement.
I absolutely Love riding my Dyna SG.
That should be evident by the fact that its not two years old yet and has more than 30K miles on it.
I ride for enjoyment only. I don't have to commute to work and I do have other vehicles at my disposal.
Anything that detracts from my hedonistic pursuit while riding I regard as being in need of correction.
There is actually very little that I have needed to change from stock on my bike.
A good seat and comfortable handlebars are a must for any bike. The chances you'll get a generic fit are pretty slim.

A little more on this; I rode yesterday with a a few guys and one of them was riding a '08 ElectraGlide. He was telling me he experiences the same problem on it. So this problem isn't limited to the Dyna line. Of course I recommended that he look into the chassis stabilizer as an inexpensive cure to the problem.
TrueTrack makes one for the EG i'm pretty sure.

Last edited by plumbertom; 06-13-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2010 | 12:55 PM
Luwise
Advanced

I've ridden the Hertidge, Road Kings and own a Dyna. The heavier bikes are more confortable on the highways, but the Dyna is an all around bike and can be customized like no other harley. I have ridden 400 miles in a day on my FXD, but I did stop every hour to water down. I like the vibration of the motor at low speeds - it keeps reminder that I'm on a bike. Very little vibration a highway speeds, but the 21" wheel withg a 90 does not track like the 16" with a 130. Try to arrange a test ride with a bro.

Old 06-13-2010 | 04:08 PM
AlFoley
Intermediate

I am 6"2" and around 240, I agree that forward controls would be a good decision in your purchase. Almost all the HD shops now have a Fit/accesories person, whom can add specific piece to make the purchase your own, whether is handlebars, forward controls seat, performance options etc. I have almost 8K on my bike in a years time. The Dyna is one of the most easy to option and versatile bikes to own. Always see about a test ride and try several, if the shop you visit won't allow the test ride, seek another shop.