Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Dyna riders 6'-4" or more

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeez... I guess I'll "weigh" in on this post... 6'5" and 290...

I'm riding a fat bob with stock forward controls and me knees look and feel like I'm riding a bike with mids...

I'm contemplating some 2" extended aftermarket controls for the obvious gain in leg extension and also I don't like the way the factory forwards mount to the frame. I think they are ugly and the aftermarket brackets are more appealing.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shizims
Jeez... I guess I'll "weigh" in on this post... 6'5" and 290...

I'm riding a fat bob with stock forward controls and me knees look and feel like I'm riding a bike with mids...

I'm contemplating some 2" extended aftermarket controls for the obvious gain in leg extension and also I don't like the way the factory forwards mount to the frame. I think they are ugly and the aftermarket brackets are more appealing.
Many moons ago when I saw this discussion on a previous thread, another forum member posted to the effect that using stock mid controls made him feel like he was "pooping in a urinal" ... I almost shot milk out my nose from laughing so hard ... but, it pretty much summarized how I felt riding with mids ....

Not that I can't do it, but just doesn't feel right for me ....

When I am getting on it ... riding really agressively through the turns, I sit up straight and lean forward and slide my feet rearward so the ***** of my feet are resting on the back of my floorboards ....

So, I definitely feel like I have just as much control as I would have had with mid controls ... only minor difference for me is the slight loss of lean angle before I scrape the board (vice what I would have had before dragging a peg) ....

It's a minor adjustment you make for the sake of comfort ... I wasn't gonna overtake that crotch rocket in the turn anyway ...!

R/
'Chop

Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM
4bucks08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'1" 285lbs.....my bike has mid controls and highway pegs(not shown in pic)....its ok,but after i save a lil cash,i think ill try forward controls

Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

6'7" and have 3" extended forward controls with floorboards.

The 50 buck floorboards were one of the better investments I've mad in the last year.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently bought a 2007 FXD and was afraid that my legs might cramp with the mids, so bought some extended forwards from Kuryakyn. I'm 6'-1" with 34" inseams and they fit me perfectly.

As an old time bike racer, I like to tuck my feet under my body mass for cornering, the forwards don't let me do that. I guess I could also remount the stock mid footpegs, but that would still leave the controls way in front.

I've searched for floorboards to utilize with my forwards and allow my feet to move back a ways, but I didn't find any.

For now I'm just enjoying the kicked back riding position and slowing down on the serious curves.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

This thread discriminates against us short folk.

I'm 6'3", but with an actual inseam measurement of 35.5". I rode with mids for the first 1,000 miles, it wasn't uncomfortable. But now that I've got forwards on it's much better. I had lots of suggestions to put extended forwards on mine from friends here. I don't know if I will extend them in the future, but probly not.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:59 AM
maddog76
Cruiser

I'm 6'4" 230lbs, I ride a 09 fxdb with forward controls, its comfortable enough for long rides but have been kicking around the idea of extension to let my legs out another couple of inches, also want to go with 14" or 16" bars to get a little more reach.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Shizims
Tourer

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
"pooping in a urinal"
That's a great descrip.

I rode my buddy's Street Bob with mids around the block right before I bought my Fat Bob. I told him I felt like a bear on a tricycle.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
lurchus
Intermediate

I'm 6'6", about 260, and had to put 3" extentions on my '03 Wide Glide, when I got it. And I just picked-up a '87 FXLR a couple of months ago. It had mids and there was no way for me to even test it out till I put forwards on it. Wish there were extentions for it!

Steve

Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 PM
chi45cken
Road Master

Hi guys,

I'm 6'4" (don't wanna talk about my weight- ya know girl thing;-P) 36" inseam I ride Street Bob with forwards that HD has in their catalog. I'm thinking of getting some sort of extensions just to change it up a bit on long rides. I got 2" risers and stock bars so I didn't have to change cables or anything- it took me maybe 30-40 mins to put them on without any help. It feels pretty good- I wish they were a couple of inches higher haha. Anywho.... Can you recommend any good seat for long rides? I don't have 300-400 laying around so any other suggestions would be great. Also... how do you guys deal with backrest on long trips?

Thank yoouuuu

Kasia

Quick Reply: Any Dyna riders 6'-4" or more