Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought Race Tech kit ... etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:37 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Just bought Race Tech kit ... etc

Put the Race Tech complete front-end suspension kit on order from Zanotti ... hope to see it within about a week ....

The kit includes Race Tech Gold Valve cartridge fork emulators and high performance springs ... I got the 1.0kg/mm springs ....

The kit can be used to lower your front end, but don't think I'll do that ... eventually this fall when I put my lower fairings back on I'll need the clearance so I don't 'dick up' the back of my fender ....

Anyone have any feedback on the Gold Valve, I'll be interested in hearing it ... as I understand they work on the same concept more or less as the Ricor Intiminators ... maybe someone can illuminate me ....

Definitely hope to improve the ride ....

Also put a bid on a replacement gas tank on eBay, so hope to land that as well ... if I win the bid, think I'll have it delivered directly to the Powder Pro so Joe can work his magic and coat it with my patented (not by me, haha) Platinum Bronze Metallic color ....

R/
'Chop

Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same package on my wideglide, although i lowered mine 1 in, it is the best mod for handling i have made, there great, for my bike kinda overkill, but its nice to know you have the best use there fork oil as well, its spendy but well worth it, i used to have a wobble from the front, at high speeds not now

Old 06-11-2010, 11:06 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

You used the 1.0kg/mm springs ...? How big are you ... I'm just around 200lb, but bumped it up by about 30lb when I used their online calculator (because of the additional weight/drag of my 'full dresser' configuration) ....

Good to hear a testimonial from a satisfied customer ....

R/
'Chop

Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Chop, I do understand you have to drill your damper for the RT gold valve.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Long as the instructions show how it's done, shouldn't be too big a deal ....

This is what their website says about Gold Valves:

"Simply put; Emulators make damping rod forks perform like well-tuned cartridge forks. Emulators are tunable valves that sit on top of the damping rods and are held in place with the main springs. This makes them both simple to install and completely tunable for all conditions and rider preferences."

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 06-11-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default +1 on happy camper

I've had the RaceTech cartridge emulators and springs on my bike for 3 years and can still remember the incredible difference they have made to the stock set-up. No brake dive, well, almost no dive. Much better front end feel and damping over potholes, concrete joints, etc. It's a completely different ride. Enjoy. Jay

Old 06-11-2010, 03:07 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Put the Race Tech complete front-end suspension kit on order from Zanotti ... hope to see it within about a week ....

The kit includes Race Tech Gold Valve cartridge fork emulators and high performance springs ... I got the 1.0kg/mm springs ....

The kit can be used to lower your front end, but don't think I'll do that ... eventually this fall when I put my lower fairings back on I'll need the clearance so I don't 'dick up' the back of my fender ....

Anyone have any feedback on the Gold Valve, I'll be interested in hearing it ... as I understand they work on the same concept more or less as the Ricor Intiminators ... maybe someone can illuminate me ....

Definitely hope to improve the ride ....

Also put a bid on a replacement gas tank on eBay, so hope to land that as well ... if I win the bid, think I'll have it delivered directly to the Powder Pro so Joe can work his magic and coat it with my patented (not by me, haha) Platinum Bronze Metallic color ....

R/
'Chop
Looking to do that as well. Would you have the part numbers.. Thanks, George

Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Chop. Sounds like a great mod and a lot of bang for the buck. I'm still planning on the Ohlins 30mm cartridge, but if it doesn't work out would consider going the Race Tech route. Look forward to hearing how it turns out.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Seemed like a great deal to me through Zanotti ... I ordered Drag Specialties P/N 0416-0047 ... saved a little over 20% from list price ...

Drag Specialties P/N 0416-0047 is for the 1.0kg/mm springs ... the 0.95, 0.90, 0.85, etc. spring kits all have different P/Ns ... if you weigh 200 lb or so, you will most likely take either 0.95 or 1.0 kg/mm springs ....

My Acrobat Reader just crashed while looking for the other P/Ns, but you can find them in Drag Specialties' FatBook. I went to the Race Tech website to check for the proper springs ....

R/
'Chop

Old 06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Seemed like a great deal to me through Zanotti ... I ordered Drag Specialties P/N 0416-0047 ... saved a little over 20% from list price ...

Drag Specialties P/N 0416-0047 is for the 1.0kg/mm springs ... the 0.95, 0.90, 0.85, etc. spring kits all have different P/Ns ... if you weigh 200 lb or so, you will most likely take either 0.95 or 1.0 kg/mm springs ....

My Acrobat Reader just crashed while looking for the other P/Ns, but you can find them in Drag Specialties' FatBook. I went to the Race Tech website to check for the proper springs ....

R/
'Chop
Thanks Chop - George

Quick Reply: Just bought Race Tech kit ... etc