Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In a funk thinking about selling my Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:34 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default In a funk thinking about selling my Bob

It's monday, I'm at work after a short Vacation which is depressing enough but I'm stuck here for a couple more hours with nothing to do but bitch.I picked up my Bob Friday after having he following installed; Thunderheader,DFO,SE air cleaner and after riding it pretty much all day Sat I'm not happy.I actually paid someone to set this up because I thought I would screw it up.After damn near a month of waiting for my thunderheader it's finally on and it sounds great, as long as your accellerating or cruising.If you happen to try something crazy like rolling off the throttle or God forbid downshifting it backfires like an out of tune piece of crap.I'm pretty sure I could have achieved that result myself, without the DFO.I'm starting to feel like this bob is a money pit, $1300 later it's a whole lot louder but not much faster.I will of course take it back to the shop which is conviently closed till Tue and they will make it right I just can't help but think for what I've got into this Bob I could have had something better.Did I mention my easy brackets rattle loud enough to be heard over the Thunderheader adding to the overall P.O.S sound?I don't know what I expect to get out of this post except comments like, If you want to go fast get a Honda/Vrod/whatever or if you want saddle bags get an E-glide but like I said I got nothing better to do. So, anybody want to buy an 06 Bob ?

Old 08-21-2006, 05:38 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: In a funk thinking about selling my Bob

When it backfires out the pipes it means you have an exhaust leak.what setting you have on the dfo? they have good tech support and most of all

CALM DOWN....it's not suppose to stress you out![sm=biker.gif]

Old 08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Geronimo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about the Willie & Max Easy Bracket for saddlebags? Anyone else have this issue with the rattling? I was going to order them, but now I will wait for other responses....

[IMG]local://upfiles/5110/DC11754E38594416B13068013AAE347B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sell it

Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So you are thinking of selling because it wasn't tuned right?? From what I have always heard Thunderheader is one of the best performance pipes out there. Sounds like you need to take it to someone who knows how to tune.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:54 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

So you are thinking of selling because it wasn't tuned right?? From what I have always heard Thunderheader is one of the best performance pipes out there. Sounds like you need to take it to someone who knows how to tune.

I agree. I just installed a SE a/c, pcIII and thunderheader this weekend myself. Bike runs great. No popping or backfiring. Definitely has more snap when twisting the go handle. It did pop (very soft at that) once while accelerating hard and then some a-hole switched lanes in front of me and I quick let off throttle and grabbed clutch and brake. Otherwise no complaints. It's louder, but sounds great in my opinion. Don't sell it because of this. Get it tuned right and you will be very happy.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

take it to a good tuner or get yourself a PCIII.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

My Easy brackets also rattle terribly, which prompted me to send email to the manufacturer asking what is the fix. I'll post their answer once I receive it.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:04 PM
TRITON
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell it, or better yet, take it to the scrap yard and have it crushed .

Old 08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Geronimo... I have the Willie & Max Easy Bracket for saddlebags... Have had them for quite awhile... No BS... They work fine no rattles.. if anything they're a little tight.. One thing I did was adjust the key arm which holds the racks in place, so that it snugged up better...only problem with that, is when you remove them, you have to pull them a little harder.. I even drilled two 3/8"holes on each one to install a bracket that looks like a galvanized muffler clamp (it's not one) I wanted a place to tie bungies cords too... One problem I had which I guess most bags have, is water coming in. A liner would of helped, so now I carry plastic bags, getting stuck in a thunderstorm ..suc's big time... I'd have no problem recommending Willie & Max bags and hardware...

czissman... Sorry I didn't see your response, mine felt like it was loose when I first installed them.. That's why I tightened the arm up.. Take the bracket off, turn it upside down. in the hole.. loosen the nut with the serrated washer, the arm has a slotted hole, I just moved it around to get the right tightness when I locked it... Maybe that'll get rid of the rattle... Please keep in mind I don't have a quick disconnect sissy bar or rack... maybe those items contribute to the rattle. I can't help ya there..Sorry.. Later Skee

Quick Reply: In a funk thinking about selling my Bob