Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In a funk thinking about selling my Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:31 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: In a funk thinking about selling my Bob

Thanks everybody for listening to my rant and not outright calling me a sniveling crybaby.My jobs kind of wierd when nothing blows up or catches fire it's painfully dull.I'm getting a little frustrated because I've had the Bob for months spent more money on it than my last two bikes combined and I'm still not happy with it.I'll be taking it back to the shop tomarrow and letting them know just how unhappy I am with it.They had this bike for three days while I was out of town and I just can't believe anyone test rode this and thought it ran right.The Easy Brackets rattle unless the bags are full which isn't all that practical for me snce when I leave for work they're mostly empty and when I leave to go home they're mostly full because of the changes in temperature between 06:00 AM and 2:30PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Geronimo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: WgSkee

Geronimo... I have the Willie & Max Easy Bracket for saddlebags... Have had them for quite awhile... No BS... They work fine no rattles.. if anything they're a little tight.. One thing I did was adjust the key arm which holds the racks in place, so that it snugged up better...only problem with that, is when you remove them, you have to pull them a little harder.. I even drilled two 3/8"holes on each one to install a bracket that looks like a galvanized muffler clamp (it's not one) I wanted a place to tie bungies cords too... One problem I had which I guess most bags have, is water coming in. A liner would of helped, so now I carry plastic bags, getting stuck in a thunderstorm ..suc's big time... I'd have no problem recommending Willie & Max bags and hardware...

Thanks for the feedback. It was just a coincidence that I was just looking at the Willie & Max page and then saw this....

Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just hang in there, you will get it all figured out and then you will be very happy you kept it. I understand your frustrations!! I have had mine for just about 2 months and just about $2000.00 in extras to date it almost to where I want it, almost. Friday is Dyno day and then it should just be a windshield for the real long roads.
Remember, you have one hell of nice ride and it has just been born and now you are nurturing it to become a wonderful steed!
Hang in there, do not let it win the battle. It may win a short war here and there but in the end you WILL win the battle. Besides, this is what builds the carracter of your steed.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:03 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just finished painting some stuff flat black that always cheers me up.I had a AC trim piece the Dealer added on before I bought it.I painted that flat black and mounted it on my open SE filter now I'm working on the horn cover.If nothing else this bike still looks cool. Tomarro I'm off to give that shop a piece of my mind.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:48 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

dont you give in that easy,go out fighting at least

Old 08-21-2006, 10:48 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

XANAX WORKS WELL :

Old 08-21-2006, 11:13 PM
ameristo
Cruiser

Hang in there, I am up to 4,000 and I almost have it where I want it, almost.. I did the SE upgrade with SE air cleaner and D&D pipes. I also have the revtech DFO. From experience I would suggest that you get the download from HD that will make a BIG difference. Then add the DFO and tune it like the directions say, easly done. Now, why would I get the DL if I have the DFO? Ok, here goes. Pure stock after break in I was getting 52mpg. After SE upgrade and DL I was getting 49mpg. Not bad huh? After DFO and tune I was getting 39mpg. Now since all the DFO does is hold the injectors open a little longer it adds fuel only.... So I got the idea why not add a switch to the DFO and on for performance and off for economy!! Only problem there was with the engine breathing better and without the DL to compensate it would be running inceredebly lean. Besides if someting does go wrong with the DFO I am still running my engine to HD specs, althought shightly leaner then I would like.. Again let me say the bigest difference I could feel was after the DL it also raised my rev limiter. As far as the DFO? Well not that much of a difference. A little snappier on the acceletation and from 4000 RPM's up to the rev limit. But like I said before your economy will suffer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6102/DD94471F13074EBFA27304A5AB7FABA0.gif[/IMG]

Old 08-22-2006, 01:30 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

dyno tune the bike........

Old 08-22-2006, 03:35 AM
Slayer
Cruiser

If you really want to get rid of it, you can give it to me.

I'm sure it's nicer than my knocked over by a van bob.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:01 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear where you are coming from i shelled the money out for the V&H BSS and a sert, after putting it all on my bike ran like crap, i felt like driving it into a wall and was ready to trash the pipes. I have it running better now but it has taken some time and alot of reading and investigating on my part. I have found that once you start messing with these things you can be in for quite a ride it seems that everybody have got a solution for you and the problem is that most of them conflict. Hang in there and get informed and then find a shop or tech that is up on these new breeds. Good luck

Quick Reply: In a funk thinking about selling my Bob