Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help deciding :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 09lowrider
thanks for the comments guys. i am not just about the looks. but i really dont need all the performance parts. i am riding country roads here in wv, and i rarely get over 55 or 60. i know this may sound like i am contradicting myself, but i dont like the 2-1 pipes. they are for some people and i am not one of them. the other parts i am talking about, is taking care of the rear fender, signal lights and relocating the license plate. and i most likely will have to purchase these items from a magazine or some other place because i really am not a sheet metal frabricator and cant make them myself. i really didnt post here thinking i was going to get degraded because i asked someones opinion on an exhaust system. sorry for striking a nerve cause i am not paul tuttle jr.
OK no 2-1... then get the big radius... or better IMHO...bassani pro street 2-2. To me the bassani has a better sound and it does perform better than any 2-2 out there. Not to mention it is very properly priced. I would definitely get a full system over slipons. as for fender mods, what are you planning to do. Lots of info here on cutting the stock fender and such. Here's a nice side plate mount for the money..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SIDE-...ht_1478wt_1165
If you have to, you can install a exhaust system with no mods to the air cleaner or fuel. Of course, your gonna want to in the future, so save up and get the better parts. And no one is degrading you, my thoughts are simply to help you avoid costly future mistakes. Fact is just about everyone who buys slipons, ends up replacing them. People also have problems with the H-D download and fuelpack and end up replacing them as well with a PC or sert or tts. If you have a budget, the best thing you can do for your budget is to get exactly what you want as oppose to making do. Every single part I ever bought to make due has been replaced by what I should have gotten in the first place. This cost lots of money that could have been avoided had I made the right decision the first time.

Last edited by rounder; 06-07-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 216 Posts

2-1 are stout and can be easier to tune, except for that dead spot around 5,000 rpm... Slip ons are cheaper, though they don't necessarily look better. As far as a race tuner, they're all comparable - it's the guy who's running the dyno that makes the difference. The SE Stage I is adequate - another area where there's little or no difference between the products. True, there 's stuff out there that's plain crap, but nothing that's mentioned in these posts.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
FatBobber
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in a shop and we are constantly taking out v&h fuel pack and others. People aren't happy with them. I personally recommend a Power Commander. As for air cleaner the one a lot of people go with is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker around $129, and you use your stock cover or custom cover your choise. Then when it comes to pipes its your choice, I recommend going on you-tube and listening to different pipes. I prefer the 2-into-1 Bassani. I'd stay away from the Rush Slip-ons, I had the Rush full exhuast and took it off after 2 weeks, barely any notice in sound over stock and I lost 10hp in the process.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:48 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

1 more thing... screw the dealers prices... 562 dollars and free shipping for the V&H big radius from www.easternperformance.com also the arlen ness big sucker from them for 103 bucks. Get a PCV from Jamie at www.fuelmotousa.com Not sure his price but he will load a map for you and it is somewhere in the 300-400 range I think. There, just cost you less than a grand for the same parts that the dealer wants 1700+ for.... Imstall the parts yourself as it is very easy and you get the idea!

Last edited by rounder; 06-07-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FatBobber
I work in a shop and we are constantly taking out v&h fuel pack and others. People aren't happy with them. I personally recommend a Power Commander. As for air cleaner the one a lot of people go with is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker around $129, and you use your stock cover or custom cover your choise. Then when it comes to pipes its your choice, I recommend going on you-tube and listening to different pipes. I prefer the 2-into-1 Bassani. I'd stay away from the Rush Slip-ons, I had the Rush full exhuast and took it off after 2 weeks, barely any notice in sound over stock and I lost 10hp in the process.
I have a set of Rush, and other than what I consider flimsy chrome, I've been relatively happy with them. Personally, I think they're too loud! It all depends on the size of the baffle. I have the 2.0.

I've never heard of anyone losing HP after installing Rush slip-ons, or any other slip-on for that matter. I know I didn't lose any, but my gain was due more to enlarged air flow and the race tuner.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:24 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Mild thread hijack...

TONY P.... DAMMIT *nipples* MAN, stop with those darn *nipples* avatars. So *nipples* distracting.

LMAO

Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 09lowrider
alright guys... i have posted this same question in another forum. i am just looking for feed back. i want to change the exhaust, a/c and i guess a tune as well..lol i got a couple of quotes here for you...
i also want a little bit of performance as well. any help with my selection would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :33:
Think about:
Rush slip ons, 2 inch, ~$250
Drag Spec bob Air Cleaner and support/ breather bracket ~$100 (or just about any style AC you like)
TTS tuning kit ~$420

DYI for less than $800, provides excellent performance increase and feel, mostly due to the tune, and a very nice loud sound with good quality stuff.... miles of smiles.

The most noticeable performance and drive-ability improvement over stock comes from the tuning kit.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 AM
axel black
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lowrider, if your in need of more performance, save up your $. if the stock pipes are the issue, you can go with the Rush slip ons. if thats all you do, the bike will run fine like that. later on down the road you might consider an upgrade in the fuel managment hardware, as your 09' is set up at the factory way to lean on the air to fuel ratio. do read as much as you can about your fuel injection here on the forums and make decison when you really know what you need. I dramatically added more HP and more TQ to my 09' and the stock head pipes were fine as well as the rush slip ons. when I need the bike to be somewhat quiet they do that job well. there is no hiding the sound when you open up the throttle........

Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Mild thread hijack...

TONY P.... DAMMIT *nipples* MAN, stop with those darn *nipples* avatars. So *nipples* distracting.

LMAO
I'm trying to make a POINT!

Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

well guys, i ordered my exhaust, a/c and pcv last night from moto fuel. installing myself, so wish me luck..lol

Quick Reply: need some help deciding :)