Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new back tire now no back brake!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010 | 09:58 PM
lownslow
Road Master

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
What he said. I always open the bleeder on the caliper to push the pistons back in because it forces the heat worn fluid and any contaminants in the system out instead of back into the system. Then once that is done I clean around the piston with brakleen & a dental pic like stated above. Then re-assemble & bleed and then spray off the whole caliper assembly with brake kleen and zama: New brakes.
I don't think there may be air in the system, I think there's CRAP in the system which bleeding, or vac bleeding will remove. Bleeding the lines, removing crap and heat worn fluid is the best thing you can do for your brakes on a regular basis. Any time you move those puppies in reverse whatever sediment and such is in there ends up going into the master or wedging the caliper...............

Ask any good mechanic, if they had they way, they would always open up the caliper to take a look and to clean.