Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Yost Power Tube Today - UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Installed Yost Power Tube Today - UPDATE

Early results for Yost Power Tube install on 98 Big Twin Evo with a mild cam, 40K miles, Edelbrock cylinder heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, K&N filter, Dyna 2000 ignition, Screamin' Eagle 2-1 exhaust, stock 40mm CV carb.

I installed the Power Tube mostly to get rid of the off-idle popping through the carb, which it claims to eliminate. Imagine my surprise when less than a mile into my test ride I get a big, fat pop through my carb. 185 main jet, 48 slow speed, drilled the slide per instructions. The throttle response does *seem* a bit quicker and it *seems* to have a bit more power, but after every mod I've ever made it *seems* stronger because I'm really paying attention during the post-mod test ride.

I asked my local non-dealership dyno shop their opinion of the Power Tube, and they said they never had much luck with them. I'm not passing judgement yet, but the early results aren't real favorable.

UPDATE: Had some time today to go out for a ride today and... WOW: this mod added some serious power! Excellent throttle response and no-doubt-about it increase in power! If you're interested, stay tuned and I'll add more details about the Power Tube and the installation process later, after I've gotten some sleep.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Okay, I'm awake now. go to here if you want the whole story. I'm thrilled with this product!

The following users liked this post:
Kenneth Wise (12-05-2022)
Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 PM
BluRooster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed Yost Power Tube Today

Yeah, I've never heard anything really good about any of those things. One has a plastic piece in it, the other reall doesn't stop popping, etc. all cost about a 100.00 though...

Only thing that I've heard that helps is a rebuild of the CV by woods Carbs, but not cheap.

http://www.woodcarbs.com/

Old 08-19-2006, 11:17 PM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installed Yost Power Tube Today

I was curious about running one on my stock cv carb. I have installed one in a Mikuni 44 carb & it made a noticable differance, but havent heard any good about harleys cv stock carbs. Thanks for the info. Good luck on the tuning.
TOOLBOX