Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno guess???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:14 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your tq should climb another 8-10, and hp only a few. The 255 is a tq cam and not designed for high hp output. Looking at your sheet, your tq curve will pretty much look the same only higher. The 255's only last until about 4000rpms before they nose dive.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

So, is this just a dyno run for baseline?

I'm not seeing the correlation between the notes on the sheet and the actual a/f ratio grid. As speed increases, the ratio is leaning out almost down to 12. Reading the notes, "cruising speed is around 16,17". At cruising speed which is where the graph starts out pretty much it's at 14 and goes down (leans out) from there.

Am I reading that wrong?

Enjoy those cams.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:16 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair

I'm not seeing the correlation between the notes on the sheet and the actual a/f ratio grid. As speed increases, the ratio is leaning out almost down to 12. Reading the notes, "cruising speed is around 16,17". At cruising speed which is where the graph starts out pretty much it's at 14 and goes down (leans out) from there.

Am I reading that wrong?

Enjoy those cams.
The sheet to me looks like a baseline run for #'s. If you look there was only 1 run done.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by red devil
The sheet to me looks like a baseline run for #'s. If you look there was only 1 run done.
Gotcha...I was just curious about the notes not corresponding to the actual a/f ratio graph shown.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the SE255's were bagger cams.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
PGDredd
Banned

Not to bad....but what do you mean by "full stage 1?" Looks like V&H big Radius, an HD Heavy Breather, and whatever tuner you have installed....is that a Stage 1 kit you bought from someplace? What tuner ARE you running?

Only reasons I ask is because I have a similar setup on my WG, and usually Stage 1 makes me think of that SE stage 1 air filter kit.....

Good #'s tho. Keep us up on the cam. I am looking for cams soon. I wanna go to a 103" motor over the winter or next year, so for now I want something that'll give me some decent power and still work well with the 103"...

Old 06-03-2010, 10:58 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by PGDredd
Not to bad....but what do you mean by "full stage 1?" Looks like V&H big Radius, an HD Heavy Breather, and whatever tuner you have installed....is that a Stage 1 kit you bought from someplace? What tuner ARE you running?

Only reasons I ask is because I have a similar setup on my WG, and usually Stage 1 makes me think of that SE stage 1 air filter kit.....

Good #'s tho. Keep us up on the cam. I am looking for cams soon. I wanna go to a 103" motor over the winter or next year, so for now I want something that'll give me some decent power and still work well with the 103"...
A full stage 1 setup is just as you figured. aftermarket pipes, stage 1 a/c (more air flow), and tuner of choice.

The se255 cams are the cams that come in the stage 2 103" big bore kit. I don't see why you can't run them but there are better choices for cams out there.

Andrews 31, 37, 54, Wood TW6 / 408, tman 525, and I can't remember the other ones. A couple more that are considered 'bolt-in'. You'll have more choices if you had your heads done to allow for hi-lift cams.

There is the Wood tw5-6 which is the hi-lift version of the 6. Website says it will still work with stock heads as the lift is only .575 or something like that. Check it out: www.woodcarbs.com I wouldn't mind trying that cam out. I'd think hi-lift would equal more power.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

As speed increases, the ratio is leaning out almost down to 12.

it's at 14 and goes down (leans out) from there.

Am I reading that wrong?
yes.

below 14 is not lean.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Mud, then below 14 afr would be rich? 14+ would be lean? I appreciate you clarifying. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Am I reading that wrong?

Enjoy those cams.
Yeah, a 14:1 a/f ratio is pretty good. That's 14 parts air, 1 part fuel.

Under a load, I see nothing wrong with a 12:1 a/f ratio.

I didn't see the '16,17' part in the graph but at cruise, under no (0) load, that's nothing to get excited about. A little lean, maybe.

Quick Reply: Dyno guess???