Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cholos on a Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010 | 07:23 PM
ghostrider69
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Cholos on a Dyna?

Has anyone ever attempted to install something like this
http://www.samsonusa.com/S-434.html
on something like this, maybe with a taildragger rear fender and move the tail light. I really don't see why it wouldn't work. Need to photoshop it.

Old 06-01-2010 | 09:57 PM
Sonic_Excess
Advanced

I looked into true duals on my last bike 98 low rider and found out it's not impossible but will take ALOT of custom fab work and some moving of parts. All mounting hardware will have to be made from scratch. The right side won't be the problem but left side is going to hit on the ignition coil and possibly on the electrical panel and battery box.

So as stock it will never fit but if your up for a lot of chopping and making a custom set of welded up pipes maybe but I could be wrong there too. Sorry, I have always liked the look though.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:10 PM
ghostrider69
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I was looking at a late model Softail with a set on and from the looks of things they don't have any more room than the Dyna. That is what got me to thinking. I have hydraulic pipe bender and tig welder so I might just give it a try.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:22 PM
thetroll
Advanced

If you have all that kit to fab them up... what's holding you back. Those would look soooo tough on your ride. I agree that the left side will be unique.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:25 PM
ghostrider69
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll probably get around to it. It's one of those things that if I start it I don't want to stop working on it until I am finished. In order to do that the exhaust will have to be off of the bike for the **** load of test fitting and the weather is just to nice right now.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:26 PM
Lama
Road Captain

With the coil moved to the top motor mount where the horn is, you should have plenty of room for true duals.

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:45 PM
HoodlumCanal
Novice

My friend and I just finished making a set all welded up and wrapped on my bob. Bending it past the battery box was too much of a pain in the ***, so instead we used the stock header pipes and had the rear cylinder pipe drop below the frame like the newer dresser duals to keep the front and rear pipes roughly the same length for performance. Did the whole thing out of 1 3/4" with 2" slip on fishtail pipes. Had to fab up a mount to attach to the tranny and reinforce the original mount for the front pipe. I think the rear pipe has like six bends in it. Should be rolling by this weekend if the weather lets up here and I'll take some pics and post em. We've been working bit by bit since March in spare time but it wouldn't take too long to bang em out.

PS I love that wide glide front you got there man. Thinking I might have to pick your brain on the parts you used to replicate it come fall if you don't mind.

Old 08-22-2011 | 08:02 PM
LarryLives
Road Warrior

I would do it in a sec if they were available!
Any one have pics??

Old 08-22-2011 | 08:31 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

I searched for the thread but damned if I can find it. A dyna guy did it not long ago, and posted some cool pics. Quite a few people agree with you and would love to do it but there is no aftermarket company making it. So if you want it, you have to make it. As mentioned, the guy that I remember on this forum did in fact go under the swing arm. The major hurdle is that soft tails are solid mount motors and you can hang the exhaust by any method you choose. Where as a Dyna exhaust has to move with the motor. If your crossing from the right side of the bike to the left, and then adding long fishtails, your talking about 4 or 5 feet of tubing that has to rock and shake with the motor. Believe me, if it was a simple bolt on... I would be in that club for sure. But I have not given up hope yet. Let us know what you come up with.

edit: this thread has some pictures of the guys who have tried it. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...w-rider-3.html

Last edited by bikerlaw; 08-22-2011 at 08:38 PM.